New Filly Purchase

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I was looking to see if I could get a dirt runner, but so far I believe I'm a turf runner magnet (unless I'm racing all of my horses on the wrong surface).

Arutemisu - Sinndar x Yamakatsu Lily (Timber Country)
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=24828' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=24828</a>

I am not sure now to race her in Week 10 or 11 since she just came off of a workout on Week 5 and a race on Week 6. Also would it be detrimental to take off the shadow roll or should I try her without it in her next race?

Thanks for the assistance. :)
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Definately Turf. Futurity Park is tough so throw the races out. Find short fields in places like New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, South America, Italy, or Germany. Keep stretching her out in distance and my advice would be: don't be afraid to run her early as week 8. Shes been taken care of and you can move her up. Wouldn't try the dirt though. The distance is up to you and I'm sure plenty of players would disagree with my 2 weeks in between races.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

This is definitely a turf horse; I'd try her out with blinkers in a maiden race over 8+ furlongs sometime around Week 9 or 10. She looks like she's got enough talent to at least win a race or two for you, so hopefully she can make you some money.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

Thanks Eric and Stephen. I'll look for a 8+ furlong turf maiden for her in week 9 or 10 depending if I'll be moving her to New Zeland or keeping her in Australia and trying her out with blinkers to see how she does. Thanks again for all the help.