New Navigation Menu technology

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Re: New Navigation Menu technology

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

John Slotmon wrote:My only issue is that I was never a big fan of the forum opening as a separate window, but there's no option from the menu to do anything but open a new window now.
If you have a wheel on your mouse, when hovering over the Forum link, depress the wheel and it should open up in a new tab instead of a new window.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

The forum opens in a new tab for me without doing anything different. I use the current Google Chrome version if that helps. Also the top bar is larger, more chunky looking to me as well, not so appealing to my eye. But much easier on my IPhone to move around.
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

My iPad & I thank you, great change! :)
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Anna Leroux wrote:The forum opens in a new tab for me without doing anything different. I use the current Google Chrome version if that helps.
In Google Chrome and Firefox, the default is to open in a new tab; in Internet Explorer, the default is to open in a new window.
Mark Wallace
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Wallace »

For those complaining about it being too big just hit Ctrl and then scroll back and forth on the mouse to make it bigger or smaller for your liking.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

By doing this also changes the font size too.. Being visually impaired, and I'm sure the other people who need glasses, will not like seeing their font change too much.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Chani Ruzzo wrote:By doing this also changes the font size too.. Being visually impaired, and I'm sure the other people who need glasses, will not like seeing their font change too much.
Right, or the people who are just viewing it on poorer quality monitors. And this doesn't change the fact that the menu is still larger; it is still about 150% of what the menu length was before. For someone like me, it is just a slight change to get used to navigating the mouse a little further, for someone like Chani, having to scroll down because the menu doesn't fit on the screen is a major inconvenience.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

BTW, now that I have a smartphone like the rest of the 21st century, I appreciate the changes. Thanks.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.