Too Hard?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

My 4 year old filly that I have created, Psalm, has been really good to me... 4 wins, almost $100k, never off the board in any turf races. However, last year, I messed up with her, racing her back to back in a stakes against the boys, gamely finishing 3rd, and then a dirt sprint! Since then she has 3 wins and 2 nice seconds. Her last race was a win in the grade 2 Matriarch Stakes. Currently, she is entered in the grade 3 Mermaid Stakes. I plan on retiring and breeding her at the end of this year.

I am concerned though that she might be on too hard of a schedual. Her last race was week 6 in Australia, she won, and when looking for another stakes for her there, saw none, so shipped her to Japan for a week 8 stakes.

So, what I'm trying to ask is... should I scratch her and give her some more time off?

Thanks!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I'd run her. the next stake in Japan for her would be week 11.

Also I'd breed her to Acapulco at the end of the year... I hear he's super hot... :D
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

JoleneD wrote: Also I'd breed her to Acapulco at the end of the year... I hear he's super hot... :D
Calais thinks so!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Ara Davies wrote:
JoleneD wrote: Also I'd breed her to Acapulco at the end of the year... I hear he's super hot...  :D
Calais thinks so!
Aca and Calais like to party together! I cannot wait for CALYPSO!!
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

Nice idea! Psalm can't wait to be retired now! Hope she keeps focused for a little while longer :D
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I think Everyone is going to Acapulco this year, lol. Massage is feeling jealous. :P
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Aca is awesome :). I've been working on a good name for the Katdogawn I plan to get by him, it's gotta be good.

I'd keep Psalm in the race as well, good luck! She's a nice looking mare.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Aca feels the love here. :wub:

I agree that he is Awesome. But I might be considered bias... :D