Week 7 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

And? How'd you fare this week?

I ran 11-3-2-2-2, with 1 7th, 1 10th, and 1 12th.

Pretty freaking great - nice,solid week!

British Medium is love for me, as well as Goodnight Kiss. Just lovely! :)
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Best Worst Week Eva :P

I did 13: 5-0-2 with two more 4ths.

My winners, three were allowances, one a maiden, and the last an ungraded stakes.

Yet Yami was third

Best Worst Week ever
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I wasn't expecting much this week so I am happy just to have gotten 1 win! King's Ransom (one of my cleverer names) made me regret selling his dam by breaking his maiden by 6. :P

It's Okay to Hurt ran second in the Marygate Stakes, which I'm pleased with, and Always Will tried but didn't quite get there in a ridiculously tough running of the Hialeah Sprint Championship. He'll go in an allowance in a few weeks just to chill out after several consecutive tough races. *pets Willie and gives carrot*

This coming week I have a lot of horses running, so that's always exciting!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

12-0-3-3

Pretty good week, my highest payout though no wins.

River of Silence ran a good 3rd in the Grand National, i'm proud of him for doing so well. Hopefully a drop in distance will find him back in the winners circle.

Seconds by Amazon Warrior, Canoodle and Lands End which all make me really excited. Warrior seems to appreciate turf, Canoodle the jump and Lands End Australia which makes me think there may be something to my training abilities after all lol. Thirds by River of Silence, Lighted Candle and my beloved Star City who will get them next time.

In other exciting news, out of his first crop of just three Better Talk Now has a stakes winner! Better Talk Kawaii won the Premio Grande for 2yr olds in Rome, i'm super excited to see how he does. Congrats on his win Bob Oliva!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

6-0-1-2 (2 4ths and 1 5th) $51,350

basically an unexciting week. Idle Thoughts was 2nd in a G2, and even though I wanted a win, she still is awesome <3 her
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

9; 1/1/0

Its all about Just Cause, oh how i love this horse, im thinking Group winner in time, he was moved from Brazil to Nad Al Sheba to Germany in three weeks and stillhe bolts up by 2 lengths, great thing is he beat the horse who beat him in his first race. Darla got me a second, i know it was alot to ask from her shipping to japan and all so im happy.
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I got my first stakes win of the year (only my second stakes START of the year!) when my 2yo colt Blaze of Lightning (Lost in the Fog-Touchstone, by Tri Star) took the Florida Stakes.

Then I got my second stakes win of the year when my favorite 2yo filly (who am I kidding, she's my favorite horse I currently have running) Is Wanting Enough (Kotashaan-Inamorata, by Sadler's Wells) won the Premio Nameo in Rome.

Wooooooo!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

WONDER! Woooo! She has had her match race with Empire in the Pimlico Special (she wanted to win the Preakness last year but Empire denied her) and she proved once again she can run with the best - boys that is! Sorry Susie... ;)

BARA! Wooo! She smoked at 2miles in South Africa, soo nice.

Super Light! Woo! He must love South Africa... ;)

Chevelle! Woo! I am excited she is liking 7f's, she has her eyes on the BC filly sprint.

Joy Division and Lone Justice picking up 2yo stakes wins! YAY!

Had some nice allowance/maiden wins as well.

Now for the best part.... I had 3 horses running on the wrong surfaces. Yep I am special like that. I must not see the race descriptions "TURF" for my dirt horses and "DIRT" for my turf horses sometimes. Now if any of them had won I would have been "yeah I meant to do that..." LOL

:lol:
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Dave Shields wrote: WONDER! Woooo! She has had her match race with Empire in the Pimlico Special (she wanted to win the Preakness last year but Empire denied her) and she proved once again she can run with the best - boys that is! Sorry Susie... ;)
As I told Em, Alysse was more bummed about that one than I was! I think they were both more confident than I was going in - your gal's a toughie!

Pretty awesome week... *12* winners including some serious romping. One of the most special horses ever, Afriendisneverlost, finally won. Colors Bright CRUSHED a nice field. Dark Blue romped to a third straight win. One of my favorite two-year-olds, Equinox, was a "much the best" 6-length winner first time out. Red Lights was also much the best in winning the West Australian Oaks. Rescued made it a sweep of the Puerto Rican maiden events. Tomorrow, with the addition of earmuffs, not only hit the board for the first time, but won easily. Trusting Fate won first time out, easily, despite stumbling at the start. Valley Forge finally got back in the winners' circle. Vernacular's really, really awesome. Zinformation lost his manhood but won a race pretty nicely. And then there's this horse who won a G1 turf sprint. I forget his name, but the rumor is he's pretty ok.

Exciting on the board efforts by All The People (a game 2nd in the Dante), Bainbridge Forever (game second in the Grand National!), Empire (seriously, love him), and Retrospect in particular.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ryen Hanna wrote: Is Wanting Enough (Kotashaan-Inamorata, by Sadler's Wells) won the Premio Nameo in Rome.

Wooooooo!
Woooooo!

Kotashaan's first stakes winner. ^_^

I had an OK week, nothing special. A few maiden winners, notably My Only One, half to Been Worthwhile. Yay!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

7: 2 0 2

Two big wins from my foundation of two year olds:

Lucrezia Borgia won her first start, beating a pretty tough field in England.

Chocolate War, coming off bucked shins, easily won his maiden race.

I am very happy and *heart* the sim no matter how much of a dork i sounded like in my interview last night (keep your ears open for the SIMCAST featuring a Steward interview with...um, ME. And note that for reasons I can't even fathom, I was more nervous than i've been since that time i had to tell my dad i threw my back out hauling kegs.)

Um, i'll write something this weekend, probably Sunday.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

well the good new all 3 brought home checks and it covered this weeks board

Stormy finished 3rd, was a good battle for 2nd 3rd and 4th as the horse that won was 10 lengths in front of them

Potions my 2 yr old Scrappy T i think still needs more distance

Stork had a respectable 4th in a steeplechase race

not bad
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

My BEST WEEEK EVER in the SIM!!!

14 of 21 entries earned a check and I had 3 stakes wins, 1 stakes placing and, and a filly that ran 3rd in a grade 1 in her stakes debut!!!

Arioso broke his maiden in his second start! YAY!!!

ARA I LOVE YOU.......Christmas Eve won a Grade 3 and is undefeated!!! She even beat the boys!!!!!! Thank you so much for her!!!!!!

Forever Dark ran third in the Gr 1 Black eyed Susan! This was her stakes debut and she ran really good!!!

Historic is the most consistent 2nd place finisher....running second AGAIN in the Californian...I still love him though... :D

On Edge ran 2nd by a neck in a stakes debut stepplechase race!!!

Spirited stayed undefeated with his win the Gr 2 SAF Nursery!!!!

Seperated also stayed undefeated with his win in the Northland Breeders Stakes!!!

:D :D :D What a GREAT Week! I am sooooo excited!!!!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I ended up with less money this morning than I had last night, but that's okay. I went 37-3-6-3-5 for $60,450. I also claimed three horses out of the five I put in slips for. I won with a beautiful filly I'd been working on a deal for for a LONG time (at least it seems like!) who'd been dying to run on the turf, Careless Whisper in a N2L, and Fight the Laughter, a filly I'd been trying to sell for what seems like AGES, but I luckily realized she needed to go long before I could convince someone to take her from me. I think I'm more nervous about the fact that I just entered Desert Victory in what I'm assuming will be the toughest race of his life.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Dave Shields wrote:

Now for the best part.... I had 3 horses running on the wrong surfaces. Yep I am special like that. I must not see the race descriptions "TURF" for my dirt horses and "DIRT" for my turf horses sometimes. Now if any of them had won I would have been "yeah I meant to do that..." LOL

:lol:
I'm GUILTY too. Not this week, but after recently messing up with two very good little turf fillies, I read the condition about 10 times.