A Little Horse Help?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Okay, I named this horse for a friend so I really wanted her to do well, but she is an absolute *dud*. My options are to keep trying with her, wait till she's four and make her a steeplechaser, or retire her as a broodmare.

Retiring her is my last resort because she has no value and I can't see her throwing much. I'd like to keep trying but I feel like I keep trying to NO AVAIL. So do you guys see something here that I haven't tried that might help? I'd really appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=22220' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=22220</a>
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I have no idea if this would help, but I notice you've never tried her beyond a mile. Sometimes when a horse "tires" or "drops out", it's not because the distance is too long but because the distance is too short, so the horse is having to run too fast to early. Why don't you try her at a mile and an eighth or longer?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rookie talking here, so take what I say with a big grain of salt - I don't think I would be too far off here as far as advice, but there are players here who have more experience and might punch holes in my theory.

Anyway, I noticed in her very first race you loaded the equipment on, and then after that just kept adding more onto what was already there.

I would think a more logical thing to do would be to race with no equipment or at the most try just blinkers, or just a shadow roll for the first few races and see what the race comments say and then remove or place equipment on based upon the comments.

I see your horse's dam ran ok on dirt at little over a mile, and the sire was also a dirt horse(in real life)who could do distance. Ara Davis might have a good point there about sending the horse out into a little bit longer race.

If this was my horse:

I would probably try a 1 1/8 on dirt with lasix and a figure 8 bridle..and that's all.

Even then, I might leave the lasix off...and see if perhaps in the next race it would help - but most folks seem to run their horses with lasix, and since this horse has run with lasix from the get-go, taking her off of it might not be a positive thing to do.

The figure 8 - I think would help since in one race the horse was rank, and in a few other races the comments said the horse 'flashed speed'. This makes me wonder if she 'grabbed the bit' and got away from the jockey a little and burned up more juice than she should have. The f8 would give the jockey a little bit more control over her if that was the case.

Just my 2-cents

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Good ideas, all of them. I'll try them out. =) Thanks.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500