Need Training Advice For Touch

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

This horse is frustrating beyond belief
Touch(Give Applause x Hug(Star Studded)
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=15632' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=15632</a>

I am thinking of shortening him back to a mile again(Based on his breeding). Any suggestion for equipment or distance.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Definitely shorten him up and I'd drop him back down to allowances.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I agree with Sarah... and when it comes to equipment I'd keep him on blinkers, lasix, and the tongue tie.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Well, generally speaking he does well in allowances, between 8 and 9 furlongs. Thus, running him in allowances, where he's competitive relative to the rest of the field (rather than sucking relative to the field) would probably help a lot. Given that you've tried all the equipment fixes for "flattening out," "holding position," and "tired," the only solution is to stop overestimating his abilities and consistently put him back in race that he at least has a shot to win.

He's a nice horse in allowance races, and if you get him placed properly he'll do well, but given that he's been crushed by B-level stakes horses, I'd say it is time to get him into allowances.