A Grand Diversion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hello Everyone. I would like to state that this SIM Horseracing Game is a grand diversion from a sometimes troubling real life. I have had some personal family issues in November and again in March but the SIM game has allowed me to get lost in the pageantry and competition of horse racing. Many players may feel that I am aloof and elusive and that I am some how unappreciative of my good fortune in SIM. I have quietly allowed all of the negative connotations that go with my reputation because I just want to play the SIM game; breed horses, race horses and celebrate horses.

Now please bear with me while I share, for the very first time in public, what an amazing week I had in SIM. I had 24 starters, 10 wins (8 Stake wins) and 17 in-the-money horses. I won the Preakness over a talented Hall Of Fame group of three year olds. Boise, I knew was fast, and I had to control his speed so I tried to take the lightly raced, quickly maturing 3 year old track to the Triple Crown series with him. I was just as excited about Boise’s success as I was for my very first stakes win or my very first Kentucky Derby.

I had an amazing week 7;
Amor Vincit Omnia 1st by 10 lengths in a stakes race
Declare or Desist 1st in the Snow Chief
Kiddo 1st in the Californian by 10 lengths
Kizz’s Action 1st in the Fiji Nights by 6 lengths
Negative Six 2nd in the million dollar J&B Met in South Africa
Opening Night 1st in the Duskinthemeadow by 9 lengths
Stand Up Speak Up 1st in the Redando Beach
Tackle 1st in the Hialeah Turf by 8 lengths
What of It 2nd in the Gr 2 Khaled for 3year old and up

I may never have another successful week like this one.

The reason for posting today is that I just wanted to share my feelings, my emotions and my gratitude. SIM is an amazing game.

No replies are necessary. I would request, however, that everyone enjoy the game, celebrate the success of others, help one another and enjoy life and the loved ones around you.

Sincerely, Jon
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I just wanted to say two things - I've always found Jon to be a class act, and congratulations, Jon, on an amazing week! I'd already posted congrats on Boise in the results thread, but wanted to say it again here.

I also hope that things go better for you and your family from here on out.

Best wishes,

Laura
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Congratulations on your accomplishments, Jon. You deserve it!

When my life got truly out of hand, I knew the SIM would be here for me -even though I had only been here a few months. It was a wonderful feeling to know that no matter what changes my crazy life had taken, I had the SIM to come to and play without feeling nervous.
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Who on earth could say anything negative about YOU? When Em said the SIM was opening back up, one of the first things I asked was if you would be playing. The SIM would lose a lot of its fun if you weren't here. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I hope everything in your family works out for the best, and congratulations on your wonderful week!

The Sim is a wonderful escape for me as well, I have a love/hate relationship with my job, and the biggest hilight of my week is the weekly race results.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Jon was my HERO in the old SIM. I've never talked to him, not a single word, but I was always in love with his horses, and much of my success has hinged on matings to many of his maginificent stallions in the past (Satelite, Trust, etc.). His good sportsmanship and "all-in-fun" attitude are inspiring. Long live the Xett dynasty!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I hope everything with your family gets better and works out. I understand how trying family issues can be. So best wishes there. Also, Congrats on your Sim week, which was amazing. Wish I could have a week like that, hehe. I'm upset that anyone would say anything bad about you. You keep the SIM in perspective and are always friendly and helpful. I always look forward to your posts and convos in teh chat.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I hope everything works out for you soon, Jon. My experiences talking to you have always been positive ...you have this quietness and gentleness that translates even through internet typing.

Last year, I was going through a rough patch and the SIM really helped me out. It's been a great outlet and I've made some great friends through it.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

first off I hope everything gets better for you

second congrats on all your horses' success
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

To those who don't know, it is Jon's quote that is scrolled across the top of the home page.

Truly a class act.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Jon, I think you are the SIM idol. I think everyone I've ever talked to admires your stable/SIM smarts. I know I do. B)

Congrats on the awesome week!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I consider Jon to be my dear friend, even if the last time we had a long conversation I was pimping a newly retired Five Circles.

:)

I wished on the Moon and Stars and Out Of Kindness, it was granted. That ONE small Piece Of The SIM history has made this game a Dream that is Worth Living.

Bri.. <---- Xett Fan Club Member
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Jon, I'm the new guy here, but I already you consider a friend whose success I'd like to mirror.

Add me to the long list of people who wish you well. Hope to have a sit-down again with you real soon.

--Randall
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.