So Confused By Jantastic!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

I know I'm not a new player, but I really need help! I purchased Jantastic (Geri x Lil Ms Leonard, by Nostalgia's Star) when the new SIM opened up and had high hopes for her. I bred her to Vindication, which was a suggested cross, and assumed I would get a nice foal. I have tried this colt on both turf and dirt and he's made no money for.

For the next year, I bred her to Chief Seattle, because I wanted to keep some Seattle Slew blood in the cross. The horsel is a yearling, but I'm still not very optimistic about the cross, and I would like to try to bring some new lines in.

It doesn't seem like Geri has been too successful as a dam sire in the SIM, but Tremendous blood seems to have done the best. For that reason, I have been thinking of breeding her to Dance on Moonbeams or Mighty Big, but I am somewhat hesitant since neither have foals of racing age.

What do you think? Stud fee money is not important, I'd just like to have a nice foal. Thanks for your help!!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I'd wait and see what Winning Ways does this week. Getting a distance of ground to run over should help quite a bit.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I adored Geri in real life. In fact, I have one of his stud ads on my wall at my parents' house still hanging up. I don't have any specific suggestions right now, but I would send your mare to a turf stallion. Geri was a big stakes winner on the turf, and he's also by Theatrical, out of a Mr. Prospector mare. Those are definitely turf influences.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

To be honest, I'd like to see what Winning Ways could do routing on turf. I think going 1 1/16 miles, rather than 1 mile should help, but if he flops again, try him going longer on turf. Either way, I agree that the next start or two could help give you some guidance in where to go with her this year.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

There's something to be said for reverting back to what would seem to me to be a logical interpretation of a Geri mare as a turf horse, rather than as some sort of an ambiguous oddity like they tended to be in years past. Roberto-line horses, Sunday Silence types, or Storm Cat-lined horses might all work for you here, but I'd get away from the Seattle Slew cross, if for no reason other than to simply try something new.