Symbol Mare, Sister To Magicalmercurystar

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Once again, I'm experimenting. I have no interest in having a band of 200 broodmares, which, once I retire some of my older fillies and mares, I'm rapidly in danger of hitting. In addition, now that my stallions have had runners hit the track, I don't need to use quite so many mares to support them. So, I've started taking steps towards downsizing, selling off a few mares and fillies in training. However, I've come to the conclusion that probably won't get the numbers down enough. As a result, I'm testing a leasing option out, using these two mares as the proverbial guinea pigs, and seeing how it works. I have no idea what value there is or is not in leasing a mare, rather than selling a mare, so I'm going with the auction approach to see what interest is actually out there.

As always, the rules:

1. These mares are not for sale (or at least, not at this time), rather they are for lease, meaning, if you are the high bidder, once you know who you want to breed the mare to, I'll private offer the mare to you for the amount of your bid, you breed the mare, and then once the 48 hour blackout period is over, you private offer her back to me for $0. I could do it where I bred the foal, and private offered the foal for the bid price, plus the stud fee, but I've had good luck doing this so far so far with foal swaps and such, and I'd rather the person who actually planned the breeding get the credit. In addition, if the foal is good enough, those 9% breeder awards could offset some of the bid price.

2. It wouldn't all fit in the description, above, but this auction ends on March 29th, at 7pm game time.

3. Once the reserve is met, each bid must be $5,000 higher than the previous high bid. If no one hits the reserve, I'll breed them, and just resign myself to the population explosion. :D

4. If you manage to pinhook this breeding right into a more profitable one, more power to you, but it will be up to you to figure out the logistics of getting the difference between the amount you bid and the amount you got someone else to offer you.

5. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to pm/message me, or post it here in this thread.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=12510' target='_blank'>Second Dimension</a> (Symbol x Demon's Mischief by Mischief Maker). Daughter of the ever popular broodmare sire Symbol, this winning mare's first foal (by Chapel Royal) is a stakes-placed winner, and her second foal (by Songandaprayer) has finished second in both of his starts. She is out of a G2 stakes winner, whose other three foals all earned black type, including dual stakes winner Rainbow in the Sky. Reserve lease price: $25,000. Current high bidder - Jolene Danner - $175,000

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=14400' target='_blank'>Smoke And Mirrors</a> (Tri Star x Magicalmercurycat by Menifee). Winner, full sister to the excellent producer Magicalmercurystar (dam of Embrace, Sic Transit Gloria, etc). Her first foal (by Em's Always Busy) is a graded-stakes placed winner. Reserve lease price: $25,000. Current high bidder - Mallory Guesnon - $300,000

Thanks for reading! Laura
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Why are you tormenting my bankroll Laura?!

$300,000 on Smoke and Mirrors
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

$75,000 Second Dimmension
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

150k second dimension
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

$175k Second Dimension
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Auction is closed, and the high bidders have been contacted. Thanks!

Laura