I am not sure what to do with this mare......

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Ok...I bought Statistician for 5k from the sales page a while back. I did some research and found that she's a full sis to the Broodmare of the Year Statgal. However it seems this family is pretty versatile and go either turf or dirt.

Statgal was bred to:
Alpha and Omega, Accolade, Sports Jersey, Chesapeake Bay, Symbol, Heir To The Throne.

Thier half sis Miss Concerto was bred to Priceless Forever, Derby Magic, Elusive Pegasus, Blazes, Ichi Forever, Storm and Silence, One In A Million.

I am kinda confused about which way I should proceed with this gal. I was looking at Star Player, which is a son of Sports Jersey. If you guys have ANY suggestions I would be grateful! :)
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

SaraKendall wrote: Ok...I bought Statistician for 5k from the sales page a while back. I did some research and found that she's a full sis to the Broodmare of the Year Statgal. However it seems this family is pretty versatile and go either turf or dirt.

Statgal was bred to:
Alpha and Omega, Accolade, Sports Jersey, Chesapeake Bay, Symbol, Heir To The Throne.

Thier half sis Miss Concerto was bred to Priceless Forever, Derby Magic, Elusive Pegasus, Blazes, Ichi Forever, Storm and Silence, One In A Million.

I am kinda confused about which way I should proceed with this gal. I was looking at Star Player, which is a son of Sports Jersey. If you guys have ANY suggestions I would be grateful! :)
You might want to be careful with Star Player, as he is a foal of Statgal (the result of the Sport's Jersey cross).
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

oooooohhhh I totally missed that.....Thanks for pointing that out to me Ali :)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Statgal had a good sprinter in Static, and your own mare's best offspring to date was a sprint filly by Trust. Even her son by Sports Jersey seems to like sprinting and distances under a mile to routes. So, going with that, let's look at sprint-sire choices.

Obviously, Symbol and his family has crossed well with Priceless Forever for sprinters, a prime example being Icon, who is by PF out of a full sister to Symbol. And Symbol is the sire of Static. Right now, the only son of Symbol at stud is Anthem, who has yet to show his true potential, but his foals have been improving since the SIM re-opened, and I have a feeling he will really excel as a sprint sire. He also carries Jewel Princess on his bottom line, which I think is a nice addition to any horse - she's sound, produces quality horses, and her daughter Loki Charm was a good sprinter.

I would also look at Best, who is out of a Symbol daughter, Cherish. Awesome female-family on this one too, and with Satelite on top, you're looking at real speed.

Tremulous Echo, I suppose, is always another option, as he's by Silver Charm, like Symbol, and is predominantly a sprinter. He hasn't produced much yet, though, and he'd be more of a risk than Best or Anthem, in my opinion.

In the future, if he proves himself well on the track (he's very lightly raced as of now), Saber would be an ideal cross for your mare. He's by Trust out of Look Radiant, a half-sister to The Look by Symbol. Although why he ran in the Wood is beyond me. I am very excited for that one, I want to send Embrace to him in the future if he is managed as the sprint star I think he could be. <_<
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Thanks Mallory! :) I did see sprinters when I was looking at this mare's family. It makes since now since you explained that it would make very good sense to breed her to sprinting sires. Again Thanks! :)
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Hey, don't make fun of my horrible choices as a trainer. I'm a breeder, not a trainer. :angry:

:P
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Haha I'm not making fun. Just make him be good because Embrace thinks he's hot!