Week 8 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

New River Farm wants to congratulate the following players and horses:

Owners of New River-bred horses:
Jolene Danner, whose colt Cosmonaut won a stakes
Susie Raisher, whole horse Capone won an allowance
Martin Pennington, whose filly Jetliner broke her maiden
Kateri Lennox, whose colt Wait broke his maiden in his first start

Owners of horses by New River stallions:
ATLAS
Laura Ferguson, whose colt Fightoffyourdemons won a stakes
Steve Martinelli, whose filly World Traveler won a stakes
Susie Raisher, whose filly All the Blame won an allowance
Nikki Sherman, whose filly Bajan broke her maiden

CANOE
Laura Pony, whose gelding Be My Boat won a steeplechase maiden

CONDUIT
Laura Ferguson, whose colt Beamington won a stakes
Mallory Guesnon, whose horse Classic won a stakes
LaDonna King, whose gelding Silent Con won a claimer
Gerry Hardie, whose gelding Complicated won a steeplechase maiden

CONSOLATION PRIZE
Daryl Singhi, whose gelding Hoopla won a steeplechase stakes

JET SKI
Susie Raisher, whose colt Blindsided won a stakes
Peihe Sun, whose gelding Heir to the Empire won an allowance
Susie Raisher (again), whose filly Flying Solo won an allowance
Mary Lukas, whose colt Full Power broke his maiden

UNSOUNDED
Lauren Gallop, whose horse Unheralded won a claimer

Other New River connections:
Mallory Guesnon, whose horse Streamer won a stakes (I'm a sucker for the few Banner descendants that are out of my hands)
Steven Skaggs, whose colt Pentagon broke his maiden in his first start
Lynn Dvorak, whose filly A Map to Heaven won a stakes
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

55: 9-10-11

As usual, there were the three year old fillies: this week Stars Dazzle took center stage with a victory in the Hollywood Oaks, Hyla Brook took down the G2 Barbados Fillies Guineas, and Nothing Wrong (maiden), Permission (allowance), and What Have I Done (maiden) won races. Enjoy was 2nd against an older mare in the G2 Emerald Distaff in her return from Dubai.

The three year old colts were feeling a little bit left out, so Lightsaber motored his way home for a victory in the G1 Virginia Derby in his turf debut, while History Maker took the G2 Satsuki Sho in Japan, appearing to benefit immensely from the addition of blinkers.

Image got himself back to his winning ways in the G1 Metropolitan Handicap, and there was a two-year old winner in Italy who took his debut at Florence Park.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Best.Week.Ever

11: 4-2-1

4 winners with horses I bought on the New Player sales page so thanks to those that put the horses up

A horse I bought for $1000 won a group 3 in Argentina

Hope everyone else had a good week

Peter
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

since I am waiting for my dog to come back inside so I can sleep

High Cotton has a 2 yr old winner Feather a filly took home a claiming race win at finger lakes

I had 5 entries today 3 of them brought home a check with 2 wins and a third place finish

Clear Lake my Giant's Causeway boy won in a race in Barbados I thought maybe at best he would finish 5th, especially after shipping him in from australia, and I would have been happy, but he came home with the narrow win and am still dancing about it so now his record is 3: 2-1-0

Paint in Black a purchase late last year also took home a win in a race at trial park in narrow margins super excited about this one

Unbridled Indy adds yet another 3rd place finish finishing 3rd at Calder. her record goes to 3:0-1-2

week 8 stats 5:2-0-1 24,500 plus 2,700 breeders reward for clear lake
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Made a little money, won 1 maiden (Give Him Six - 3/4 to Dreaming of Anna), claimed one horse...lost one claim to S.C., but that's okay...probably claiming for the same reason...
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

17: 3:2:3 $277,000

Status Symbol won the New Zealand 200 Guineas (G1)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hidden in Haze won the British Columbia Nursey (G3)!!!!!!!!

Oathkeeper won her claimer and got claimed which made me sad because she wa smy last Adreamisborn baby, but oh well.... she was just a claimer through and through

other money makers and that was it.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Pretty mediocre week on my part, but then again I didn't run that many this week. (Next week there's a slew of them!) A lot of on-the-boards...turf fillies have remained the strength of my stable, especially these two:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26214' target='_blank'>Blushing</a> (Redoute's Choice x Inamorata, by Sadler's Wells) - won an allowance, making her 5:3-0-1. Inamorata is proving to be a fairly strong mare, so I'm excited about that.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27447' target='_blank'>Love Never Fails</a> (Lokite Magic x Kumari Continent, by Kris S) - she's a nice 2yo filly who's now 3:2-1-0. I'm excited about the rest of her career!
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Awesome week. Great birthday present! :) My horses ran 15 : 4 - 2 - 4.

Chiffon floored me with a heartstopping closing run in the Kismet Stakes. She earned a BC nomination ...I'd be so mad at myself if she turned out to be really nice and couldn't run her in the JFillies Turf.

Afraid to Cry and Oceandrop broke their maidens (both 2yo fillies), and Lost in the Stars dug in to win an NW3. Off to open allowance company with her!

Anathema, who I love like woah, got 2nd in her maiden first time out. I expect she'll be happier once she's older and has more ground to cover, but I wanted her to get some experience. Cordial ran 2nd in her NW3, and 2yos Jamaica, Without a Trace, and Roi des Reves all got third first time out. Love those guys. Shall We Dance finished 3rd in an allowance down under.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I. Love. Earmuffs. So there!

Late-blooming Blindsided took the G1 British Columbia Derby which was very exciting. Intelligence FINALLY got the stakes win I so very badly wanted for her, taking the Gran Premio Criadores (G3). I adore her. The lovely Reincarnation got back to her winning ways in the Oka Sho (G2). All the Blame, who's been a little frustrating, got her second win. Battle of Serenity, who's been underachieving but I adore, won first time earmuffs. As did Escapism. As did Heroics. (Mocha, who also got first time earmuffs, went from sucking pretty hard to running a nice third as well). Capone, who's really just fantastic, won. Creme d'Cacao is in love the the NY-bred restriction, winning her second in a row. Flying Solo is now 2 for 2 with earmuffs, beating winners for the first time. The lovely Rekindled broke her maiden first time out.

Notable on the board finishes... Cruise Control, who probably worked too quickly for his own good before the race, in the G1 Met Mile. Lovesachanceutake ran into the buzzsaw that is Spokenwithoutwords but ran a nice second in the G3 Empress Club. Surpassing was a rough-trip second in the G2 Clasico Constitucion.
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

A solid if not wealthy week for us following from a nice couple of 2yr old wins last week.

Ave Spartacus Picked up a nice 5th place cheque in the Irish 1000 Guineas, might try a little further now.

Cariad Plentyn - Finally broke his maiden tag, will keep to similar level now.

Dance Dance - 4th after stumbling at start, still a maiden - will try to change by end of year!

Elgala - Good win in a maiden race in England. Again will be kept to similar types in future before retiring to vist either Oratario or Starcraft.

In Cahoots - again on the board but now getting a bit frustrating! Not sure if she needs a little further or a little less but will try her next time out with ear plugs (dont know why but its worth a try!)

The Calm - Nice maiden win, might try to stretch another 1/2 furlong or so next time out but pleased.

As for the rest - one is now up for sale and the others have a rest then one last chance to make it for the stables!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Eh week. Went 30-3-3-4 for $54,480.

I was PLEASED that Bajan finally won, but now that makes three routers in my barn (i.e. at least 2 miles), so that's frustrating. Of course, two of them are Pico Teneriffe-based or bred. Bajan's OUT of Pico, while Punta Cana is my dream cross of Pico going to Cozzene in real life. So that just figures.

Even though he ran second, Caribbean continues to surprise me every time me runs! I bought him for $1,000 with the intentions of sending him over fences this year. Since the purchase, he's gone 6-2-2-1 including a third in a stakes race, and still picked up a check the one time he was off the board. I'm starting to regret gelding him!

Glee, my Three Mile Creek filly, also won an allowance race, and of course that makes me happy since I miss Creeky like heck.

And finally, Impressionist (half-sister to real life horses Medallist and Air Commander) got her N2L out of the way, which I honestly didn't expect after her horrific last race.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Amanda wrote:In Cahoots - again on the board but now getting a bit frustrating! Not sure if she needs a little further or a little less but will try her next time out with ear plugs (dont know why but its worth a try!)
Would a workout in Week 8 have helped? ;)

As for my week, there's always next week :huh:

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

All my horses have a min of 2f workouts each week so not sure what can be made of that
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

JAWS!

Everybody had a chance to claim a Claiming Crown winner for as little as $10k in the last 20 weeks or so. Jaws, one of my very first horses and a gift from a friendly trainer, somehow won the Claiming Crown Express. I can't even count the number of times I strongly considered scratching him from this race because I was virtually certain he'd get drummed. I was even going to suggest to the Steward that the SIM run the Claiming Crown sort of like the real Claiming Crown is run; by claiming levels. Anyway, I'm psyched to get a win from Jaws, and now he'll be back in his true level of $10-$15k claimers.

Aside from that, I won a couple of other races, including getting Donatello to the winner's circle for the first time. A $60k auction purchase - my first - he won in an extremely short field, so I have no idea what to make of that. NW2's next for him.

Next week for me will probably see both Ali Baba and Jolly Good run, so hopefully I can continue this string of positive finishes.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

My guess is that the weekly workouts, are tiring your horses out. From what I've seen so far, workouts are most effective as an occasional supplement, especially when there are several weeks between races, but a week in, week out diet of it seems to take the edge off a horse. Just my two cents, anyway.

This week was all about California, who won the second of the three big California Handicaps, adding the Hollywood Gold Cup to the Santa Anita Handicap. The Pacific Classic is next on his dance card.

Beatofmyheart took her record to 3 for 3 this year, winning the other half of the daily double out in California. Love this filly, and it's fitting how the races worked, as she is most likely being bred to California at the end of this season.

Sales page purchase Fightoffyourdemons ran his record to 2 for 2 for me and became a G1 winner while capturing the Chilean Derby over a talented field. Shentaan is just an amazing broodmare.

Several other winners and good performances this week, but these three were definitely the highlights.