Week 8 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I only had one horse run this week and he got 6/12 which was a bit disappointing. I think I'm going to give him a break.

I have a friend who I convinced to join the game and I gave her two horses, one of which won this week for her so I'm very happy about that.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Only ran 14 this week, the big winner being Let There Be Light, who pulled off a hard-fought quarter-length score over Been Worthwhile in the Grane Premio Piratininga-G3! He's already en route to Argentina, where he'll prepare for the Gran Premio Internacional Republica Argentina-G1 week 12.

Not a bad week! :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Not my best week but it will do since I didn't expect much in the way of winning this week.
Did have one horse break its maiden finally as a 3yo and then had another get her allowance win so that made me happy. Had numerous 2nds and 3rds in regular and stakes races. It was an alright week but definintly nothing like last week(but then again I can't expect a week like last week to happen every week although I wish I could(LOL)).
Now Week 9 will be more interesting for me so very anxious/excited for results from that.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

3 runners Bear was fourth, came alot closer to winning a chase then normal but just has a case of inthemoney-itus the other two didnt perform well but all in all quiet week
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Rather a better week for me: 9: 3-0-0 with two fourths.

Rise to the Test won in the Irish 1000 Guineas by 6 lengths, Canto won an allowance by 9 lengths and Fallsway won by a neck in an allowance, fighting all the way.

Classy Act was a bit of a disappointment in finishing fourth, as was Hello Darkness, but Hello Darkness hadn't run since week 1, so I'm just going to assume he needed the race. Corso continues to have me scratching my head and Meyo finished fifth in his first stakes, but it looks like it was a very close finish for all involved: he was beaten a neck, 3/4 and two head bobs. Night Games and Tokyo Rose both disappointed in their races, and Tokyo Rose was claimed.

So, pretty much a good week.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Well, what can I say ;) After a promising last couple weeks, my 2yos once again are finishing in the back of the pack. This is my third SIM year of playing and I've only ever had 3 2yos break their maidens while with me LOL :blink: so any 2yo from my barn is an automatic throwout. =D

Anyways, other than my 2yos, I had 4 wins! Finally won a steeplechase, which made me very very excited. Yay for Sim Assasin! Magica won the Three Ring Stakes (those stakes wins just keep accumulating, even if they're restricted =]) and Heir to the Throne won his allowance easily. Beacon of Hope (thanks Brianna!) broke her maiden too, with evidence suggesting she'll want longer. Insurance got third in his allowance, losing to a maiden winner and a filly in his NW2, so I've got to figure out what went wrong! Riverside also was second in her allowance, to the very good mare Epitaph.

Got one horse claimed, didn't win my shake, but it was a good week. =]
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Julia Hogan
Sprinter

Post by Julia Hogan »

I had a pretty good week. Highlights are:

Equator came in second in the Brooklyn Handicap.

Money Talks broke his maiden at Futurity.

My sales page purchase, Wilson Ferry, won a NW2.

Foxfire had a bad week, so she will have a break for a bit.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I broke Aca.... He won, but Pulled a suspensory ligament and is off until week 13.

The lesson: Dubai is hard, give more rest. I leanred the hard way, now I shall help you guys. ;) Even though he only went to Italy, still he wasn't right and shouldn't have run. I'm such a bad mom... *sigh*. At least his very favorite girl Calais rushed to his side. ;) Also Status Symbol and Massage sent him get well notes this morning.

Other then that, my week was my best ever in terms of # of wins. LOL

Ave Et Valete won the Claiming Crown Glass Slipper, i claimed her from Alyse Schuver cause her pedigree looked cool and then she ran decently in an allownace and so i was like hmm I HAVE to run something in the CC (cause I work at CBY) and she was the only one that I thought would be ready. She won!

Big Band won a Claimer Steeplechase. It was his first win in 18 lifetime starts. Actually his first on the board finish. LOL

Buck's Valor won a steeplechase as well.

As Ara already Metntioned Cosmonaut won the Arrogance stakes. I was worried about going 7f, but he seemed to tough it out. Although that probably tops him off. ;)

Ireza won in her first start on the Turf.

Rock N Fire won the Top Novice Hurdle.

For 2nd places I had Secret Pleasure, Night Charmer, Massasauga, and Burn It Up.

for 3rds I had Allyria, Appleby Bay, Aztrix, Crimson Silver, Illyria, and Navajo's Glory.

32 - 7 - 4 - 6 - 3 - 0
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Pretty good week for me.

Bo Faithful came within a nose of beating superstar Enjoy and placed third in the Emerald Distaff, so I am very, very excited about that. Looks like she might be better than I was hoping. YAY.

Other than that, had a couple wins and bunch of seconds and thirds, so all in all, a good week for me.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

This is really weird guys... I have run exactly 666 horses since I joined this game, exactly 2 SIM years ago.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

That's evil...really.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I claimed High Cotton's 2 yo filly Feather... solely because of her name... her previous two starts were 11th, but she won this time out... which I never would have expected.

The much anticpiated stakes debut of Tropical Lemon (previous first start was a 1st in a claimer)... didn't go so well... 6th.

Seeking the Glory got his expected 5th place in the Hollywood Gold Cup and Loveonthewater got his expected 4th place in the BC Derby.

Daryl's expensive 2 yo colt Thorn is still not kicking into gear for me... same with a pricy filly I bought at auction... think I will keep my purchases to claimers.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

All I can say is BLEH!! Two bad weeks in a row... surely I'm due relief soon.

My Best:
4th place with Defcon One in a chase
4th place with Unsounded Storm in a chase (a mare!)

Nothing else worth mentioning except that American Hero placed 9th which is an improvement from his last race. I think I've finally going to get him back on track after messing up some races with him.

Next Week:
So far I'm looking forward to these races;
Black Cat Crossing... yea I know he's a claimer or was but in two races back in an allowance race he ran 3rd so I've got him entered in another allowance to see what happens. So far out of the four horses entered he has the most experience, etc. so we'll see.

Arravision strikes out in an allowance race

Baccie heads out in the allowance field as well
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Subtle Charm got 4th and Looking Supreme got 5th.
Seagrass Farm
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Pinafore won! I was so worried I'd ruined her in Dubai, but she won the stakes I sponsored for her (it's hard to find 10fT older filly stakes)

and my second win was, of all horses, Gallant Bess, who won a claiming race.

So, not too bad, now if I can stay off the sales page, I may get a good horse in the Yearling auction.
I'm just here for the fun of it