Week 8 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

3-2-0-0

Had a nice week, El Alamein won an Allowance at Belmont and Konpaku nicely broke his Maiden at Futurity Park.
Lauren Gallop
Sprinter

Post by Lauren Gallop »

I had a pretty nice week considering the highs were pretty high and the lows were pretty low.

Got my first G1 win with Strike Deadly in the Peter Pan.
Adroit won the Val Gale Cup, a G2.
Mark of a Champion broke his maiden at first asking, and I'm hoping he'll be a nice one.
I messed up with Longwaytohappy and some others.

This week's record is 13:4-1-0
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

My week was another outstanding one in a string of happy surprises.

14: 2-4-1. I'm at 48% OTB thanks to Miyagi-san, Eric, Sarah and all my other friends and advisors.

*edit: Lightning almost hit me because i forgot to mention my friend Eric, without whom I'd lose most of my breeding knowledge and a good 23 percent of my column's jokes.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I was really happy with my week. I had 14:2-1-0, with several fourth place finishes. Not much but one of my wins was in the Gr. I Prioress with Fuzzy (I am SO HAPPY with that girl!).

I am really, really, really proud that I got my first win as a breeder as Laura Ferguson's Never Give Up won in Milan. I wish I hadn't put him up for sale ;) LOL. But that's what ya get and I hope he does great for her. She obviously knew how to handle him better than I did!
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Fantastic Fantasy
Two Year Old

Post by Fantastic Fantasy »

Not just to shabby ;)

9 Runners: 1 - 1 - 2 & 5 stinkers

HOOPLA - b.g.6 9: 3 - 0 - 0 $41,200
Became a Steeplechaser 2007-01-04
Year 18 week 2 - 2 5/8m Maiden WIN
Year 18 week 5 - 2 5/8m Allowance WIN
Year 18 week 8 - 2 Mile McDynamo Stakes WIN

With 34 runners out of 36 I am meeting my expenses with a little extra to play with :P

Ron :D
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Only four wins this week, but every single one made me happy. And the places were nothing to complain about either!

Classic the globetrotter returned to South Africa and the mile races in the Horse Chestnut S., and prevailed by a quarter length. He's never been able to eke out that win past 1 1/8 miles, so we're trying a reduced distance now. He doesn't seem to disagree! Nice breeding on this one (Conduit-Solace).

Pretty Baby, the first foal from my darling Shetalkstoangels, made her way back to the winner's circle in a state-bred stakes, the Bouwerie. Maybe we should try the longer sprints more often from now on. And stick to the NY-bred races. :lol:

Streamer was my favorite winner this week. I love that guy! He's been doing pretty well in the new German circuit this year. Runs looong. He's regally-bred too, being a grandson of the famous Banner. And being the very last son of Astarabad outside of a maiden steeplechaser is quite enticing to, for you turf enthusiasts out there. He'll be racing all next year, barring injury or serious performance decline, and then stand at my Australian farm. Yay Streamer!

Finally, two-year-old homebred Yosemite broke his maiden on his second try. He was my only juvenile to have "baby problems," with bucked shins early in the year, but this son of Forest Camp seems to be doing just fine now. His mom is one of my prized Xett-bred mares (and by hottie Symbol too!).

:D
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Amanda wrote: In Cahoots - again on the board but now getting a bit frustrating! Not sure if she needs a little further or a little less but will try her next time out with ear plugs (dont know why but its worth a try!)
This horse needs to:

1) Stay in one place. California-Louisiana-Dubai-California-Canada-Florida-Brazil-Puerto Rico-California-New York, its a miracle she still has four legs.

2) Consistently wear the same equipment (what was wrong with b/l/hb/fb that you feel the need to change it? Maaybe a f8 would help her out, but putting lasix on, taking it off, putting tongue ties on, taking them off, etc. isn't gonna get you anywhere)

3) Run about 8-9f. I thought the BC FM Sprint was a really, really odd place for this filly to land last year after she ran well at 8 and 9 furlongs all year, and such drastic jumps in distance from 9-7-10 furlongs tend to produce some erratic results.

4) Not work so much! I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't worked my horses very much at all and I've noticed absolutely no drop-off in performance. Just because a button exists on your horse's page doesn't necessarily mean it MUST be pressed, and especially with the shipping schedule your filly has been through, I'd expect all she's asking for is a little bit of time to relax.

She's a gorgeous filly and should be right up near the top of the division once you get her rested, settled into one general region as much as is humanly possible, and give her some consistency with regard to race placement and equipment. Good luck with her!
Xaviar Payne
Two Year Old

Post by Xaviar Payne »

10: 0 - 2 - 0

Not exactly what I was hoping for but picked up four checks besides those two seconds (2 4ths and 2 5ths) good for $10,430 total on the week.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

3: 0-1-0

Caesar Augustus came in second to the aforementioned Streamer (who I figured would win the race, Streamer was the class of that field) and in my opinion that's a perfectly respectable result. The other two were horses that have never come close producing a result for me so I wasn't expecting anything.

Of course, I've already spent my winnings from the week on the newb sales page...hehe.
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

An ok week this time 12 : 2 0 1 with 4 horses 4th and all but 3 bringing home a cheque.

Highlights were:

Shadow Walker won on his Steeplechase debut over 3 1/2 at Chaser Downs , he will have 1 more run before being aimed at the Virginia Gold Cup week 14.

Storm World by Storm Cat out of an Agnes World mare , who i thought would be a nice sprinter had been running moderatly over 5 and 6 f , broke her maiden when i put her up in trip to a mile. She now has become my first injury in the Sim with a hoof abcess.

I won 53k this week , i'm hoping for a much better wk 9 so i can afford an Auction purchase!
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Stats for the year, 18 : 5 - 3 - 2 Win-27.8% OTB-55.6%
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

MONTSTROKED won the Irish 2000 Guineas! His first and my first grade 1!!!!!! I am sooo happy!

Only 1 off the board finish from 10 starts this week, one 2nd in a Gr1, 3rd in a stake, 4th in a grade 1 and a 2nd and 3rd in the Claiming Crown!

10:2-2-4....ok and a 4th in a grade i so that makes it 2 off the board finishes!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Janey Adams wrote: MONTSTROKED won the Irish 2000 Guineas! His first and my first grade 1!!!!!! I am sooo happy!

Only 1 off the board finish from 10 starts this week, one 2nd in a Gr1, 3rd in a stake, 4th in a grade 1 and a 2nd and 3rd in the Claiming Crown!

10:2-2-4....ok and a 4th in a grade i so that makes it 2 off the board finishes!
Congrats Janey!

Awesome to see you get your first G1 win! B) :)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I had a good week.

My hard knocking, homebred filly Cheers and Tears (Lost Soldier x Safely Home, by Dixieland Heat) won a NW2. Her breeding closely mimics Lost's, so she is fun.
My two year old homebred, Loki Heart (Lokite Magic x Freeloader, by Crystal Night), broke her maiden on the second try. Since the time of her breeding she's been slated to visit Performing Magic when she retires... so I'm very glad she's doing great!
My homebred On Stage (Elvstroem x Starrer, by Dynaformer) broke her maiden first time out.
Performing Miracles (Performing Magic x Mentalist, by Lokite Magic) got her blinkers back on and achieved her 5th win. I think she missed those blinkers... now if we can get a rematch with Jolly Good. ;)
Suggestive (Fasliyev x Attraction, by Efisio) broke her maiden on the second try.
Wise Guy Walking (Rapid Bay x Thissideofvictory, by Memorex Victory), a horse I absolutely adore, won a NW3. This is only his 3rd win, but I just think he is cool.
And... One Prays (During x One Hopes, by Riches Are Grand) finally showed some potential (she finished second) with the addition of EAR MUFFS!

I had a blue million seconds and thirds. Then some disappointments too. Seven Wonders finished 3rd to males in the Juddmonte... I wasn't expecting that. Now I'm seriously doubting sending her back to the BC this year.

I'll take after Ara and post some of the Riverstone Farm connections this week too:
-Sahara Star (by Riverstone Farm's Shirocco) easily won the American Oaks (G1) for trainer Jon Xett bumping her record up to 6:5-1-0
-Reassure (by Riverstone Farm's Symboli Kris S) won the Auckland Thoroughbred Breeder's Stakes for trainer Dave Shields bringing her record to 7:5-1-1
-Mixed Up Magic (by Riverstone Farm's Performing Magic) won a steeplechase for Roni Thomas
-Wilson Ferry, a Riverstone Farm homebred 3 y/o, won his first start (a NW2) for his new trainer Julia Hogan
-Final Notice (by Riverstone Farm's Brass Hat) broke her maiden in her second start for trainer Mary Lukas
-Find Me a Heart (by Riverstone Farm's The Tin Man) broke her maiden first time out for trainer Daryl Singhi. She is one of only three offspring of racing age for The Tin Man, making his offspring have a cumulative record of 3:1-1-0... all of them have only one start
-Secret Escape, a Riverstone Farm homebred 2 y/o, broke his maiden for trainer Stephen Skaggs
-Accio, a Riverstone Farm homebred 2 y/o (by our own Successful Appeal), won a New Player's stakes race for trainer Randall Graves, instantly earning back his purchase price
-Paint It Black (by Riverstone Farm's Glitterman) won an allowance for trainer Crazy Canuck

And I think that's all! Congrats to everyone! :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~