Help With A Filly

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

This filly of mine...her bloodlines are spectacular. She is a half sister to a Breeders' Cup and Simmy Champion as well four other stakes winners and her dam is the full sister to the dam of a Breeders' Cup champion. Her sire is Lost in the Fog, need I say more. Yet...she's done nothing but baffle me.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26368' target='_blank'>Lady of Light</a>

I was thinking to run her with just lasix next time, but I don't like putting lasix on such a young horse. However, she's just not responding and I don't understand. I know she's only run twice but you have to admit, she should be doing better then she is. It makes me very concerned because I have my hopes high for her and her 3/4 yearling sister, who was the last foal from the dam.

Any advice would be appreciated...really, even veteran trainers need a little help here and there.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I'd give her a shadow roll for her bad starts, also hind bandages. I start all my babies in hb only now. Just something to protect them.

Maybe add a tongue tie next if the sr doens't help. after a tt if that doesn't work i'd go for lasix. so the next start i'd do sr hb, then sr hb tt, then sr l hb tt.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

maybe add a sr and try to find a 5f race.....
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I've found that the addition of a figure-eight bridle has helped many, many of my so-so starters. I start every single one of my horses with a shadowroll, Lasix, and hind bandages, and make changes accordingly.

On the other hand, just because a horse is a half sibling to many champions or whatever doesn't make them good, and your mare doesn't have any sort of history or indications of crossing well with that sire line. My Embrace filly finished fifth in a maiden last week, and every single one of her siblings are stakes winners/debut winners. Consider Saint, out of Loki Paradise, who finished 11th in one of your filly's races. It happens.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

In my opinion, this filly needs both lasix and a tongue tie. Assuming that she's running the right distance/surface, and given her parents, I think it's a fair assumption, those two pieces of equipment are the ones that should help her the most. At a minimum, since you're reluctant to use lasix, go tongue tie next time out, and if that doesn't fix the problem, then add the lasix.

[Edit - I'd also add the shadow roll, in addition to the tongue tie, as I agree with the others who have recommended that.]
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Thank you all for taking the time to look at her and suggesting things that will put off using lasix for a little longer. :) I will try sr and tt next and see how it goes.

Again, thank you so much, I really appreciate the advice.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.