Looking For Some Help...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

...with this colt: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=37745' target='_blank'>Corso</a>. He ran last in a mile maiden on the dirt and then ran 6th of 12 in a mile and an eighth maiden on the turf. I've got him in hind bandages and a tongue tie. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I'd Add lasix and run him 1 mile on the turf next time out.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I agree with Jolene's approach.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i'd try this colt on turf, at short distances....anywhere from 6 furlongs to possibly a mile. i'd also try adding blinkers.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

I agree with Jolene also, and I would also say that he may need a tongue tie or figure eight depending on how he does in his future races. Although, it may be that he only needs to learn how to stay paced during the race and not use up all of his energy early on. It is more than likely because he is inexperienced. So, I would definitely wait to add the figure eight or tongue tie though until you get a definative sign that he needs that type of equipment, and just stick to adding the lasix for now and seeing how he does.. Trying him on turf wouldn't hurt either as I have a Thunder Gulch - Affirmed filly that loves the turf. I would say if you are going to try him on the turf start him at the 6 furlongs as LaDonna said and depending on how well he places would possibly lengthen the distance to 1 1/16th miles for the next race.
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.