Man Of Few Words

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Nacario
Two Year Old

Post by Andrew Nacario »

I'm trying to pick a future race for Man of Few Words...after a brilliant 2 year old campaign I have figured out that 7 furlongs is his ideal distance, with wins in the Triple Bend Handicap and Malibu Stakes. I was somewhat decided with his last performance when he ran 3rd, although he was in a tough spot in the 1 mile Metropolitan Handicap. I think I may point him to the Breeders Cup Sprint, and may try him next in the Pat O Brian. He seems to run his best races on the So Cal circuit...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated...Thanks!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'd personally have backed him off of a mile a long time ago; running over sprint distances he's 7: 6-1-0 and over routes (8f or more) he's 6: 1-1-4. Thats pretty clear cut!

His only loss over a sprint distance may have looked a little shaky at the time, but Yamikishi went on to win the Breeders' Cup Sprint, so he's a nose away from having beaten that horse over 6f. I'd say that however you want to prep him is up to you, but the Sprint is the race I'd look at rather than the Mile, if that wasn't clear already.
Andrew Nacario
Two Year Old

Post by Andrew Nacario »

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate your advice. His win in the Derby Trial and run in the Breeders Cup Juvenile had me believing he was a miler. However, it is clear now that 7f or less is best for him. I will prep him in the Pat O Brien then may work him once before the Breeders Cup Sprint, depending on the O Brien outcome.

Thanks again
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I'll be the first one to stand up and say that Yami's win over Man Of Few Words was a very narrow thing and that if Manny hadn't stumbled at the start, it could have been a very different race. I love Manny, and I think he's an awesome sprinter (he beat Sic!), I think he will do just fine in the BC Sprint and I wish him all the best :)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Man of Few Words really gave it to Sic in the Malibu - tough to say whether the distance agreed with one and disagreed with the other. Sic did beat Yamikishi pretty handily in their last start at 6; obviously Sic performs better at 6 furlongs sprints. It'll be an interesting race! Especially with Lost in the mix. The horses have really developed from last year.