Steward is in Toronto for International Weekend

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Steward is in Toronto for International Weekend

Post by Karl Smythe »

It will be a tough weekend but I know I will see Emily at work.
What about the Festivities surrounding a visit???
Late dinner Friday night?
Lunch Monday?
What up??????
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward is in Toronto for International Weekend

Post by The Steward »

I think Chani is the party planner... let's bug her!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Euro sl ut (jon)I will have lunch with u on Monday ....With or with out em.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Cool! Let me know if something's happening on Monday. Only shot at a day off as far as I can see...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Xander says he will go to lunch on Monday as he will be out of town through 'some time' Sunday racing in NY.
I think it would be great!!!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I took the whole weekend off! So Friday night, Saturday and Sunday (and I think Monday's fine too) I'm up for whatever fun we can get into.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

So I'm thinking dinner after the races on Sunday will be best for every one involved to get together? Eat near the track so ppl can nip home and come back? Yes no?

Boston Pizza, Lone Star, etc.. - i got a vote against Montana's already lol

Those who want to do something Saturday night I'm thinking dinner/drinks at a trendy place (not too expensive don't worry for those watching wallets) in Toronto so we can show Em the place a bit. I'll clean out my car and chauffeur.

I have class at 1:30 on Monday but will happily meet up with simsters before/after school
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I am very excited for Saturday night dinner, Sunday night dinner round 2, and Monday lunch. I have cleared all 3 things with my chauffeur. Prefer an early Monday lunch, however, because I need to go to the airport - a brunch would be great, but I know Skippy has training hours. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to meet Laura.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Hehe. My best shot is some sort of Monday something. Not sure what's up near the airport with the exception of an awesome but can-get-pricey dim sum place in the Doubletree. But I'm down with whatever. Wish I could come to downtown dinner on Saturday. SO MUCH GOOD FOOD IN TORONTO.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

laura i love dim sum and i know all the spots there is one more about 15 mins from the track... also a great all you can eat sushi and thai place called the spoon and fork about 10 mins from the track as well if that is the type of food people want! as for other places to eat near the track cost friendly you have arizona's i dont recommend,lonestar they are good , the keg, boston pizza, mother tuckers (buffet style place ) cannon creek, milestones, red dragon (sushi) moxies (more for the boys ;) but great health menu ,montanna's(ran out of all steak and chicken and vetables last night *) and if you want something kind of nice bristole place and of course HOOTERS (you know you want it bratt)

lonestar may be best bet and you get free salsa and chips :)
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

oh and Euro S Stormy Lord is most likely running in the International now ... not the knickbocker
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Lonestar for Sunday night :)

Those of you who want to join us for Saturday night - I need numbers so I can make reservations. you can call/text/message in game if you want in and also if there is any foods you don't eat let me know.. I'm going to do my best to accommodate everyone
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Alas, going to miss this one. Father's 90th birthday fly fishing in Yellowstone had been planned for a year, so Skippy: you'll have to be "Double Skippy" to make up for our not being there. "Lucas."
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

YAY! I will gladly drive 3 1/2 hours to see Em!
I Would LOVE to see downtown...
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Heads Up

There will be a race named in honour of Emily Shields - Simhorseracing.com on Saturday October 13.

Art or myself will post on Friday what time of race for Saturday as there will be a 'gift' presentation to the winning connections. If you wish to be part of it, please join.

You get your picture taken in the Winner's Circle with the winning connections along with Emily.