Mine Those Stars

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Mine Those Stars

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

The results are in, and Champion Male Steeplechaser Mine Those Stars is off to a fantastic start.

I just trained every three year old I own sired by him and I am proud to announce that only THREE of the 14 I own were NOT "naturals". Those that were not "naturals" were given the "potential" comment.

I would love to hear from other owners of Mine Those Stars babies to comment with how their progeny are doing. Hopefully they are doing just as well as my own. In light of his recent success, his stud fee is being raised to $10,000. I would like to thank all of those who have supported him through the recent years and hopefully he will continue to receive your much appreciated support.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Re: Mine Those Stars

Post by Amanda Haderthauer »

Just bought Borrow My Anthem (by Mine Those Stars) off the sales page. She had already been made a steeplechaser but had never been trained over the jumps. When I did so Mary Weather told me she was a 'Natural'. :D
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Mine Those Dreams was a natural :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Kiss the Stars was a natural and I am very excited!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Mine Those Stars had some impressive progeny tonight. With this just being the second week that 3 year old chasers could run, Mine Those Stars has first three winners.

I would like to congratulate:

Celestial Miner owned by Emma Summer and bred by Kyasuriin Matsumoto, a bay filly with a star/snip that won by a length with an 89 speed figure.

Lemon Lime owned by Nick Gilmore and bred by Garylynn Farms, a bay filly with a star that won by 3 1/4 lengths earning a brilliant 100 speed figure in the process.

Sharp Star owned and bred by Garylynn Farms is a black filly with a star/snip that won by an impressive 7 lengths and scoring a stellar 100 speed figure.

Congrats to all three of you and your stunning fillies!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Mine Those Stars had three more of his progeny to break out of maiden ranks this past Monday night thus bringing his total of winners to 6 and current progeny earnings to $98,580. Those three horses were:

High Sky who is owned and was bred by Regina Moore out of the My Tornado mare Earth and Sky. He is a half-brother to stakes winners Terra Air and Medieval Son. He won by 3 1/2 lengths with a 99 speed figure.

Bestow the Stars who is owned and was bred by Anna Benson. He is out of the Rainbow mare Devote and he scored a 93 speed figure, winning by a length.

Green Star who is owned and was bred by Garylynn Farms and is out of the Butch mare Green Sharpie. He won by 2 1/4 lengths with a 91 speed figure.

Although Mine Those Stars has 3 winners that are colts and 3 winners that are fillies it appears that his fillies are faster that his colts, at least at this time. It may be due to his daughters being possible early developers, or his sons could just be late developers. Mine Those Stars truly hit his stride at the age of seven. Only time will tell which scenario will prove true.

On another note, he seems to really like mares sired by Butch. His two 100 speed figure earning fillies were out of Butch mares (and both were bred by Garylynn Farms, one is owned by Lee Cara and the other Nick Gilmore) so that might be something worth checking out =)
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Stakes Winner Jayhawks is going to retire this year I planned on breeding her to Mine Those Stars I think that foal will be a filly now.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

It was a rather slow Monday night for Mine Those Stars' progeny, but he did have one winner as well as his second stakes-placed runner.

Hoping for Gold is a homebred for Jazz Brown who won a Maiden Special Weight with a 94 speed figure Monday night.

Steve Hooker is a Danny Warren homebred that finished second in the sponsored stakes chase the Baby Stakes with a 90 speed figure.

This past Friday night, the two year old filly Earth and Stars (a full sister to Mine Those Stars' highest progeny earner High Sky) finished second in the Miracle Isle Stakes.

Mine Those Stars current progeny earnings are $137,930.

I also want to thank Garylynn Farms for sending the lovely Jayhawks to Mine Those Stars, she foaled a dark bay filly with a blaze =)
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I've been a little lazy lately with the holidays, but Mine Those Stars has four new winners since my last update and a repeat winner who is now awaiting her stakes debut.

Mind Me Skipping is a homebred colt for Clinton Jacinto making his debut going 2 1/2 miles on soft going. He won by a length with a 94 speed figure.

My Own Everest is a personal homebred of mine breaking his maiden on his second outing. When bumped up from 2 miles to 3 miles he won by a length and a half with an 87 speed figure. He's out of a Jumping Everest mare so I think when his sire is crossed with mares who favor longer distances the resulting progeny will as well even though Mine Those Stars competed in the 2 mile range. Another example of this is:

Kiss the Stars is a Louise Bayou homebred out of the multiple stakes winner Wood Fairy. Love this filly by the way, Louise! She broke her maiden on her second try when bumped up from 2 miles to 3 miles. She scored a solid 96 speed figure for her effort.

Top Reach is a homebred for Jazz Brown who won his first attempt over steeples. He won by a length and a quarter with a 90 speed figure going a mile and a half.

Lemon Lime is another filly I'm very excited about. She was bred by Garylynn Farms and is owned by Nick Gilmore. She won a NW2 going 2 miles by a length with another 100 speed figure. This makes her 2-for-2 earning 100 speed figures in both of her races, she is currently entered into the Baby Girls Chase sponsored by Nick Gilmore with a $100,000 purse.

Mine Those Stars' progeny earnings are now at $206,880 and continue to grow with each passing week. Congratulations to all of Mine Those Stars' winners and those who have placed and best of luck to all of his progeny and their owners in the future.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Week 14 Monday:

High Sky rebounds from a third place finish to make another trip back to the winner's circle for his second victory in three chasing starts. He is a Regina Moore homebred.

Sharp Star returns to her winning ways in her third start on the track with a 100 speed figure. In her debut she won with a 100, but in her second start she finished second with a 91 speed figure. She was bred by Garylynn Farms and is owned by Lee Cara.

Week 15 Monday:

Mine Those Dreams broke his maiden in a claiming chase by two lengths with an 89 speed figure. He is a Nena Olsen homebred.

Now as for this week, I am super excited to announce that Mine Those Stars has sired his first stakes winner!

Lemon Lime is on a three race win streak with this latest win coming in the Baby Girls Chase. The Nick Gilmore owned filly won by a solid two lengths, was never passed in the entire race, and scored a stellar 100 speed figure. Her third 100 speed figure in as many starts. Congratulations Nick on your awesome filly! I can't wait to see where she goes from here!

Mine Those Stars now has 12 winners, with 16 wins between them, 1 stakes winner, and progeny earnings of $294,065. He is at a 20.7% Winners/Runners Rate with average progeny earnings per runners at $5,070.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

It is now Week 2 of the new year and Mine Those Stars' first crop has finally reached four years of age. I don't have that much info on Week 1's results so if a horse sired by Mine Those Stars won I apologize for not noting it here. As for Week 2 however two of my homebreds finally entered the winner's circle and Mine Those Stars' first and only stakes winner has proved she has made the transition from 3 to 4. Mine Those Stars also sired a winner over the dirt as well.

Moon of Azamour broke her maiden by 4 1/2 lengths with a 93 speed figure.

Why Should I Worry broke his maiden by 2 3/4 lengths and a 95 speed figure.

Mine That Throne is a Peter Gleason homebred who won a 1 1/16th dirt maiden special weight by a length with a 72 speed figure.

Lemon Lime found herself back in the winner's circle for the fourth time in as many starts in the Prix Duc Louis Chase. It is her second stakes win and she has also scored a 100 speed figure in all of her lifetime starts. She has earned $105,000 and is owned by Nick Gilmore.

This brings Mine Those Stars current winning progeny to 17. He has 16 winners over the steeples and one winner over dirt. He also has over $420,000 in progeny earnings and is standing for just $10,000 =]
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Four year old filly Circle The Stars broke her maiden week 1 with a 92. She was bred by Fanta out of Hot House (Chretiens)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Happy to report, Lemon Lime is back to her winning ways!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

It has been quite awhile since I have updated this topic but I'm pleased to announce that Mine Those Stars has his second stakes winner (Earth and Stars), has sired 46 winners of steeples and 1 winner over dirt, and finally crossed over $1,000,000 in progeny earnings. All of this in just two crops, his third crop will start chasing steeples next year and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table =]
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

In celebration of Mine Those Stars' babies doing so well with a year highlighted by Lemon Lime and Earth and Stars; as well as ending Year 35 on a high note with Earth and Stars' 100 speed figure, front running win in the Steeplechase Oaks:

I am lowering his fee to the original starting price of $7500 from now until the end of the break.