Are your hypos disapointing you this year too?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Are your hypos disapointing you this year too?

Post by Hope Bentley »

I have had Straight A's be wings and now 2 A- horses run "hard to tell""!

heres one of them, from a wow SW mare who has has produced wows, scary and one wings. crazy i thought lol
A- htt colt by Special Effect from Blackhillsgold
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=340986

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: Are your hypos disapointing you this year too?

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I had three "A" crosses, two appaloosa and one QH. The two appaloosas galloped "great" or "winged", the QH galloped "scary good". So a bit of a mixed bag.

I think all my A- crosses for appaloosas or QHs all galloped different things.

The appaloosas and a couple QH were winged. I had three sprinters QH who were A- and wows/stakes. Oh yeah, one QH A- middle distance runner did gallop "okay".

But then my only TB A- cross this year galloped "wings". So I've just learned there's quite a bit of variability with A/A- crosses like the B+ crosses. I did get wows/stakes in QH from two broodmares who were "not for the classiest barns/B+" crosses too on the routing side.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

All my A- or better horses, minus Prayers, disappointed me :( My A- Storm The Bow x Sea Birds filly was a "okay" which was pretty much the saddest thing ever LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

Well, 3 Wows came from the least expected, where I spent very little on stud fees, and 3 were just ordinary wings out of star mares I spent a bundle on... so goes ta' show ya how much I know. It was about 50-50 good & not so good. Only 2 claimers out of 50+ bred so can't complain.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I have lots of A- mixer hypos that went wings. While it sucks, what can ya do........I mean besides the scream of "Noooooooooo" and fist shakin at the computer after you hit gallop. lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

usually for my mixers a A- or A meant a wings or better more often than not a wow at least. so this has really made me "not" confident in the hypos, might not spend so much on them this year i do think. I think it might take the pressure of everyone lol including the horses :)

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

I think the "hard to tell" comment is Mary's way of saying she doesn't know. It's not good or bad, just neutral. Although most of my "htt" types run like the mysteries Mary says they are, I also find gems in every "htt" group.
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Routers: I got Wows from some of the worst looking broodmares this year in QH. Two of them were "not for the classiest barn", one was "good" but galloped claimer. So you just never know with QH because of that random slide. My two "stars" on the routing side, the only place I have them were both winged. Throw in "star" appaloosas having "wings".

I did breed two other "wows" and B Ball Dashin had a total of three in my barn but have to go look up the mares on them. I do know one was "nice". I had two other "not for the classiest barns" that were wings/great.

Oh yeah, one "star" on an A cross bred a "scary good" but that was B Ball Sass so I wasn't too surprised by that. I think it was an excellent cross even without nicking it. Quite a few "As" in routing come from Sunny Attitude mares I noticed.

Middle distance: wow, I think one was a "formidable". Not sure of the distance on that one as it's Ok Ok x CAM mare I still haven't quite figured out.

Sprinters: In contrast to routers, all were "formidable" except for one "nice" which I found interesting in comparison to other specialties. Maybe not just a coincidental slide? Maybe different evolutionary tracts for different distances in QH racing.

i don't pay much attention to the BS ratings anymore certainly not in routing, and maybe a little more to the nicks. As always, I just try to do my best, do research and breed for racing and breeding the next generation.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke