Oy! Nervous? Yes!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm usually nervous when Desert Victory runs. This time, it's a lot worse! I had NO idea any other horses had entered the Stephen Foster until I saw the article on the Feature Race (I've been really busy with my new job and starting the new semester at school today). Suddenly, Wonder and Empire entered the race, and now it's a horse race! This'll be the telling tale... I avoided the Derby last year, so we'll see right now if my boy has the heart I thought he could have last year!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

Good luck :)
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Granted Empire and Wonder can be scary... they both just ran week 7 in Pimlico. I place the advantage of this race to Desert Victory and Laughterintherain (yeah, this is her favorite track/surface/distance).

Reason why Wonder is running? Well a little birdie told me about a match race between Wonder and another lady... only that it was going to be week 10. So I had a nice schedule worked out and week 10 fit nicely. Then I came to realize just last week the race was actually week 9, but how could I pass up a challenge...

It should be a good race regardless, good luck to all! :)
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I'm not even in that Stephen Foster (thank goodness I opted for the California route), but I AM REALLY NERVOUS about Left Behind's race, I want him to get back on the winning track!

Not to mention I have 20 or so horses racing this week, including Left Behind AND his two race-age siblings. I'm excited but nervous. This could tepidly be my best week ever, or my most disappointing. Let's hope for the first.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Wonder was not there when I sent my boy in... not thrilled about another go around with that one, but I'm not one to duck so let's get rollin'! DV and Laughter certainly have the freshness advantage. Should be a heck of a race.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

With the Stephen Foster, the Belmont is becoming more of a footnote this week, but GOD I HOPE NOTORIOUS COMES BACK OKAY. Coming off an injury (as minor as it was) and working three weeks in a row in a very experimental comeback - I just hope he doesn't finish up the track or worse, not at all. Scary, scary, scary!~
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Tasha Langley wrote: I'm not even in that Stephen Foster (thank goodness I opted for the California route), but I AM REALLY NERVOUS about Left Behind's race, I want him to get back on the winning track!

Not to mention I have 20 or so horses racing this week, including Left Behind AND his two race-age siblings. I'm excited but nervous. This could tepidly be my best week ever, or my most disappointing. Let's hope for the first.
Well, why the sped are you running the BC Dirt Mile winner in dirt router races? I mean, he hasn't run a dirt mile since the BC... which makes no sense to me. :blink:

Just curious.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Emily Mitchell wrote: Well, why the sped are you running the BC Dirt Mile winner in dirt router races? I mean, he hasn't run a dirt mile since the BC... which makes no sense to me. :blink:
I can't speak for Tasha - but to be fair, he also won the Haskell going 1 1/8 last year and it's not NEARLY as easy to find stakes races for older horses going a flat mile on dirt as it is to find ones a bit longer.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Plus...did you SEE the fields in the recent dirt mile races for older horses?! Thejoyinforgetting hasn't raced since Week 2 because he's scared.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: With the Stephen Foster, the Belmont is becoming more of a footnote this week, but GOD I HOPE NOTORIOUS COMES BACK OKAY. Coming off an injury (as minor as it was) and working three weeks in a row in a very experimental comeback - I just hope he doesn't finish up the track or worse, not at all. Scary, scary, scary!~
I'm nervous for the Belmont, too! Colossal is sort of the red headed stepchild of the bunch (no offense to any red heads who happen to have step-parents), so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed he does me proud.

But I am absolutely twitching with nervousness!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Plus...did you SEE the fields in the recent dirt mile races for older horses?! Thejoyinforgetting hasn't raced since Week 2 because he's scared.
AMEN! Those things are SCARY.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Well, first off, I'm not one to duck (I went up against Empire for Heaven's sake, if there was any time to duck that was it!). So I don't mind the fields for the dirt milers this season.

Basically, I've been experimenting a little this season. Left Behind has done okay beyond a mile so I figured he could go either way (throw out the turf race, that was completely experimental and went wrong). I mapped out his races at the beginning of the year and am just following what I mapped out. The Forego is next, that's a mile right? I can't remember but I think so.

Anyway, finishing second to Empire at 1 1/8 is nothing to laugh at. =) Although I can understand your curiosity as to why I hadn't run him at a mile, Susie kinda said it all.

I like how you used "sped". Holy cow I haven't heard that in years.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

As results are being tabulated, two horses are injured for me already. Fleet and Fumetsu. So much for my son of Shatterproof being indestructible.

-Daryl
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Daryl Singhi wrote: As results are being tabulated, two horses are injured for me already. Fleet and Fumetsu. So much for my son of Shatterproof being indestructible.

-Daryl
You're not alone - lots of injuries this week.

Not only are the horses from Dubai being punished into running too early (amongst other big name injures), but a lot of people are finding out that working in between races with no rest weeks isn't helping..
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Chart bowed a tendon and has been retired. :(
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle