Week 9

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

My pig finally won, lol, My Accolade was shortened to 6 1/2 furlongs and loved it, Just Cause romped home and he is totally going for a stakes race next time, Tesio my Henny Hughs colt was second again i really like this one, Golden was fith and Wandeful was 7th, im thinking of retiring the two as i think they are past their peak, so one of the best week for me $28,900 dollars earning YAY!
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

100% record this week - 1 runner 1 win!

Holy Ghost (Songandaprayer x Serena Spook (Serena Slew)) who was diverted from her Claiming race last week managed a nice 2l win in a NW2.

Think i may have FINALLY found her trip and keep her to the same level/grade/distance/surface.

Well done to all the winners.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Rainbow and Fleet Admiral won their allowances.

Massage and Morning Cascade were 2nd in their stakes.

Nothing else too exciting.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I won 17 races including some nice ones but the week was ugly. Fleet went down to an injury in a stakes race that I sponsored, and then the big one. See the "nervous" thread for how I really feel.

Just a hint...the BC Turf has become a lot lighter after this week.

-Daryl

PS The scary part is that it probably doesn't even count as my "Crisis" for the year. Can't wait for that.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

well I had an okay week, my steeplechasers continue to impress me, Wormtongue won his allowance race and Outlander finished 2nd, I have one horse who is confused, and cat wells finished 3rd and dancer's secret in a tough race finished 4th

oh well respectable on to next week
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Holy crap, somebody smack me! This has got to be my best week ever. I made over a million in earnings!!! :wacko:

Well, first let's start with my homebred STEP ASIDE (A Crown Awaits x Ballet, by Sadler's Wells). He won the Victoria Derby (G1) by a gutsy head! weeeeeeeee! SO happy!

BLOODSHED (Shirocco x Makybe Diva, by Desert King) won a G3 German Stakes race going about 1 1/2 miles. I knew there was awesome talent in there somewhere, given his parents. I added lasix and a tongue this week just to be sure he was breathing all right... and yay, he won!

Homebred SURPRISE (Ghostzapper x Loki Miracle, by Priceless Forever) won the Tiara Stakes. *squee!*

Maiden claiming winners: my hombred Bandstand (Bandini x Shooting for Stars, by Sunday Silence) won... and Dreamingofthemoon *finally* won- and was claimed too

Maiden winners: homebred Heist (First Samurai x Collusion, by Broad Brush) broke his maiden by 3 lengths becoming First Samurai's 5th winner (he has 2 on turf and 3 on dirt) out of 12 horses of racing age... homebred Forever Tonight (Barbaro x Histrionics, by Theatrical) finally got her distance and won... homebred From My Dreams (Henny Hughes x Areyoudreaminagain, by Symbol) ran with lasix and a tongue tie for the first time and won...

Other winners: I added blinkers to my homebred Kobrakai (Symboli Kris S x Admire Megami, by El Condor Pasa) and he won a NW2 in Japan...

Stakes seconds: MILES APART was second in the monster field of the Caulfield Cup - rock on! At Magic Velocity (by Performing Magic) was 2nd in the Darby Munro Stakes. Pacific Sunset was second in the Silverbulletday Stakes (G2). Sweet Lullaby was second in the Clement Hirsch. And finally... Twice the Magic (by Performing Magic) was second in the Royal Lodge Racing (AUS) Filly Stakes.

whew, that's a lot! I may/may not post Riverstone Farm connections for this week a little later on... I should study for a Bio exam instead, so we'll see. :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Emily Mitchell wrote: Holy crap, somebody smack me! This has got to be my best week ever. I made over a million in earnings!!! :wacko:

Well, first let's start with my homebred STEP ASIDE (A Crown Awaits x Ballet, by Sadler's Wells). He won the Victoria Derby (G1) by a gutsy head! weeeeeeeee! SO happy!

BLOODSHED (Shirocco x Makybe Diva, by Desert King) won a G3 German Stakes race going about 1 1/2 miles. I knew there was awesome talent in there somewhere, given his parents. I added lasix and a tongue this week just to be sure he was breathing all right... and yay, he won!

Homebred SURPRISE (Ghostzapper x Loki Miracle, by Priceless Forever) won the Tiara Stakes. *squee!*

Maiden claiming winners: my hombred Bandstand (Bandini x Shooting for Stars, by Sunday Silence) won... and Dreamingofthemoon *finally* won- and was claimed too

Maiden winners: homebred Heist (First Samurai x Collusion, by Broad Brush) broke his maiden by 3 lengths becoming First Samurai's 5th winner (he has 2 on turf and 3 on dirt) out of 12 horses of racing age... homebred Forever Tonight (Barbaro x Histrionics, by Theatrical) finally got her distance and won... homebred From My Dreams (Henny Hughes x Areyoudreaminagain, by Symbol) ran with lasix and a tongue tie for the first time and won...

Other winners: I added blinkers to my homebred Kobrakai (Symboli Kris S x Admire Megami, by El Condor Pasa) and he won a NW2 in Japan...

Stakes seconds: MILES APART was second in the monster field of the Caulfield Cup - rock on! At Magic Velocity (by Performing Magic) was 2nd in the Darby Munro Stakes. Pacific Sunset was second in the Silverbulletday Stakes (G2). Sweet Lullaby was second in the Clement Hirsch. And finally... Twice the Magic (by Performing Magic) was second in the Royal Lodge Racing (AUS) Filly Stakes.

whew, that's a lot! I may/may not post Riverstone Farm connections for this week a little later on... I should study for a Bio exam instead, so we'll see. :ph34r:
Holy nannas way to go Enmily!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Wow, well that kind of puts a downer on my week. I finally made it over $1 million and now I see someone else won $1 million in a single week!

Anywho, not the greatest week as far as wins go, but I did manage to win my first ever graded event with - who else - Jolly Good. She managed to pretty easily put away what looked to be a pretty good field. I have to confess that if she continues at this rate, she may get a shot at the Breeders Cup. Whether that is a sound idea or not, I don't know, but at 7:5-2-0 in her career all races at a mile, she might just have a shot at the turf mile.

Aside from her, Ali Baba was misplaced by me as usual in a 9f race, but managed to win me $10k. I have nearly as many stakes wins (5) in year 18 as I do maiden wins (6), so obviously my stable is VERY top heavy. Time to do some auctioning!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Worst week this year , no winners and only 25k earnings , there goes my auction plans!
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Rayne Wyatt
Derby Contender

Post by Rayne Wyatt »

I think I prefer weeks I don't run anything.

My two both flopped, like dead fish. 8th (of 9) and 7th (of 7).

Blah.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Woo.

Layyourarmourdown finally made good on all my hopes for him, crushing a maiden field by 6 1/2 lengths, "much the best" according to his running line. Had a handful of other OTB finishes, but that maiden win was the highlight of my week.

On to Week 10! (can't believe it's here already...)
Steve Martinelli
Sprinter

Post by Steve Martinelli »

MichelleCalderoni wrote: Massage and Morning Cascade were 2nd in their stakes.
2nd was great in that field. Good job.
Julia Hogan
Sprinter

Post by Julia Hogan »

I had a really good week

Causeforlaughter won a Grade 1 in Hong Kong

End is Nigh won the Aristidies Breeder's Cup at Churchill. His first win since the Bay Meadow's Breeder's Cup Sprint last year.

Giggle Factor came in 6th, a little disappointing, but I'm still proud of her.

I had other good finishes too, but those are the highlights.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Eeek, my 2yos are killing my stats. :lol: One win, with Rather Charming, and he wasn't claimed (plus I sponsered the race). It was an ok week. :)
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Very Good Week Overall For Me...

Had several nice places in stakes races. Some disappointments but not to bad.

I have to say there are two wins this week for me that really stand out....

Tears of Triumph won the Caufield Cup. Went into the race worried about Chart and The Wilding. Left the race with bittersweet feelings. I am sad that Chart got injured and was retired but was also elated that Triumph won a $1.5 million race.

Circumstance was my next extreme happiness win. I was really worried about the distance with him due to his lines but that colt showed me he has more determination and guts then I realized by winning the race and sweeping the South African Triple Crown.

I had some other wins in maidens and allowances so I am happy about that.

I also have to mention Touch who I gelded after dismal performances and he came back to win an allowance for me so I am pleased.

All in all a good week.