Week 9

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Steve Martinelli wrote:
MichelleCalderoni wrote: Massage and Morning Cascade were 2nd in their stakes.
2nd was great in that field. Good job.
Thanks. I was so worried for tha race.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

This week for me was mostly about the two year olds: Dance (Tremendous x Mirror [Silver Charm]) won a maiden race, as did Kentucky (Saga x Gold Colony [Forty Niner]), Nevada (Duel Of The Stars x Platinum Tiara [Cozzene]), Oklahoma (Canute x Smuggler [Unbridled]), Rhode Island (Empire Maker x Intercontinental [Danehill]), Saint (Oak Park x Loki Paradise [Priceless Forever]), and Ukraine (Oak Park x Sentimental Value [Walkover]).

The three year old fillies backed off a little bit this week from their usual domination, but it wasn't for lack of trying and they certainly didn't embarras themselves: only one G1 win (Epsom Oaks; Heartbreak Heals), while Big Momma missed a G1 in Brazil by just 1/4 of a length, Carrera was 1 1/2 lengths 2nd in a German G3, Here For The Party was 3rd in a South African G1, and Tendency was 1 1/2 lengths short of catching the fantastic Cherish The Moment in the CCA Oaks at Belmont.

A few other random winners were sprinkled in, and overall numbers were 65: 13-13-13
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I went 14: 4-1-4

Big races:
Colossal did me SO PROUD in the Belmont. I am so so proud of the little bugger! Is he officially a "big gun" now?
Golden Ratio's little brother Hidden Promise got a nice allowance win and also let me know that he prefers no equipment. Check.
Schmoo won a Maiden Claimer, which is thrilling because her momma is my RL mare.
A CAH that I got in just days before she took them away, Voltaic, made his record 2 for 2 by winning a pretty deep allowance field at Colonial Downs. Watch out Turf division!
And West Coast won a nice allowance at Premium Park by an easy 3! I love this filly!

Got a nice 2nd with Sears Tower in the Niigata Nisai Stakes in Japan. Staff brought home a 3rd in the Patriot Stakes, and also had some other nice on the board finished in allowances and maidens.

A pretty good week if you don't count the guys that won last out and finished up the track this week. :P
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I had an all right week. I wasn't really expecting any wins but Sea of Gold swept by her allowance field to win by 3 lengths, which is nice coming off her disappointing run in the Sea of Secrets face off. Based on her performance previous and since, I expected better out of her in that race. Any ways, for this week, couple promising seconds and thirds and not wholy disappointing at all. Next week might very well kill me though.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

My week was good. Botticelli won his allowance race nicely. L'Etoile Duex won the Five Circles stakes. Stolen Moment was 2nd to Everest, so Now Ara and I can again have our Epsom Party. Aca is providing the treats since he's got nothing else to do right now... LOL Courageinthedark ran a nice 2nd to Stop and Stare.

The rest was kinda blah.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I am still absolutely floored. I haven't been doing at all well when it comes to dirt routers since the SIM reopened so Colorado, one of my favorite horses, winning the Belmont, my favorite race, is phenomenal. That said, his next race will be on turf. :D

EEEEEEEEEEVEREST!!! Absolutely my favorite horse I have in training. I absolutely adore this colt. One of my major goals left in the SIM is to have an English Triple Crown winner, a feat that only became possible with the addition of the St Leger in Year 16. I got it with two horses that year, but now I'm *this* close to all three with one horse. I don't know how I'm going to last the next four weeks! If Everest wins the St Leger, he will most likely be heading to the BC Turf.

On the other hand, Chart bowed a tendon and was retired. I haven't done the best by him as a trainer but hopefully I can do better for him at stud.

I had some other nice results among my two year olds. China (Chinese Bandit x Chute, half sister to TRAP!!!) broke her maiden, Soleil Charmant (Duel of the Stars x Prix Charmant) won an allowance, and Everest's little sister Bongo came 2nd in her allowance, which is pretty good considering it was only 6 1/2 furlongs.

Among horses owned by other players, Confirm won a stakes, as did Step Aside, Kiddo, Thejoyinforgetting, Look My Best was 2nd in a stakes, Fleet Admiral won, and I'm too lazy to keep looking through the results right now. :)

Finally, I want to extend congratulations to Mary Lukas and Pageant, who won the New River Stakes at Belmont.

All in all, it was a pretty awesome week for me and mine (er...except for Chart).
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

JoleneD wrote:My week was good. Botticelli won his allowance race nicely. L'Etoile Duex won the Five Circles stakes. Stolen Moment was 2nd to Everest, so Now Ara and I can again have our Epsom Party. Aca is providing the treats since he's got nothing else to do right now... LOL Courageinthedark ran a nice 2nd to Stop and Stare.

The rest was kinda blah.
You weren't at the Epsom Party last night, what was that about huh :angry:
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Ara Davies wrote:
JoleneD wrote:My week was good. Botticelli won his allowance race nicely. L'Etoile Duex won the Five Circles stakes. Stolen Moment was 2nd to Everest, so Now Ara and I can again have our Epsom Party. Aca is providing the treats since he's got nothing else to do right now... LOL Courageinthedark ran a nice 2nd to Stop and Stare.

The rest was kinda blah.
You weren't at the Epsom Party last night, what was that about huh :angry:
It's called sleep. :P And work, I'd rather have been at the Epsom party! I missed it! :(
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

No worries Jolene, Massage and Morning Cascade went for you. =) They took Netjets.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Xaviar Payne
Two Year Old

Post by Xaviar Payne »

I went 5:0-1-0 but I have a 4th and two 5ths also... so that's something.

The horse that ran 2nd for me this week, Orion Leader, I'm pretty pleased with and I think (hope) he'll do me proud in the future.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

So-so week very much highlighted by the debut win of $7+mill purchase Entangled in good time. I adore her.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I cannot complain, as things have continued to go very well for me.

9: 2-3-0

Those two wins were stakes wins, running my total stakes winnage to 5.

Those two wins were also both two year olds, as Audubon (another Laura Ferguson-bred gift) went wire-to-wire at the Canadian Storm Stakes, and Cuviat (who I've talked about) won her third consecutive start, edging stablemate and fellow claimer Sweet July at the Canadian Flower stakes also at Trial Park (and I'm not apologizing anymore for trial park stakes wins. They're on the schedule, so they count! :))

My places: for the second consecutive time, Mac Silver's gelding Souvenir got the better of fellow former Ferguson gelding Trilogy in the "New Player Challenge", there was Sweet July's 2nd to Cuviat, and in what I hoped would be my first stakes win outside Canada, Dave Shields's Hemi Cuda got the better of Land Before Time by a 2-length margin. LBT still performed well, though, and I'll have to figure out his end-year strategery.

I finally won more than I make in articles, which is a good thing :)
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
gerry hardie
Miler

Post by gerry hardie »

Very good week for me that included 4 stakes wins. Overall I was 41-12-5-3. Major highlight was my 2 YO colt "One Tear Too Many" winning his 3rd straight stakes....
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

2 words for this week:

"dirt poor"

Sunday isn't too far away though...
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I had a very exciting week, with my first Belmont starter Notorious losing in a clincher to Colorado. What a race! I was just happy he came back from the injury so well. I'm very excited about this colt's fall campaign!

Anthem's half-brother Thejoyinforgetting surprised me with a solid victory in the G1 Longacres Mile. He was facing several nice horses, including White Shadows, who had beaten him by 2 in their last meeting, royally-bred Gezellig, and the G1-winning filly First At the Wire. A BC Dirt Mile run is looking like a possibility, but he's racing next season so there's not a ton of pressure. He's a two-time G1 winner now, that's awesome! :)

And of course, I must mention Stop and Stare's 9-length romp in the G2 Tropical Turf H. The field didn't shape up to much in terms of Breeders' Cup competition, but he made his point - he can get 1 1/2. On to Arlington for his final two races! (PS - Raaaaadoooooo, where arrrrrrre yooooou? ;) )

In another light, I only had 3 winners this week, and many, many off the board finishes, so I will be shedding quite a few two and three year olds in the coming week, I think. I can't pay enough attention to many of them and they'd probably be better off in a smaller stable with a more attentive trainer.