Week 9

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I ran 8 2-1-1

Highlights;
Baccie won her allowance! The first horse I have who has won two races for me! WOOT!
Black Cat Crossing... now offically an allowance winner as well not just a claiming horse! I've always had faith in him

Symboli Magellan took 2nd in a 45k claimer

Arravision took third in an allowance after a really poor race his last outing

all my others were kind of icky
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I ran 5. 2-1-1

Souvenir won the New Player Challenge Round 2 to follow up his Round 1 win :)

Bidding On Indy finally seemed to come around and broke her maiden

Silver Success ran 2nd in the Sanjaya Malakar stakes.. I really wanted to win that one for some reason..lol. I really like this horse. I think he has heart.

Stand on Guard ran a third at puerto rico but i think i see potential here.

all in all it was a great week for me.
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Highlights:

Black Impact, third in a maiden in Japan. Ran a little green.

Dare - third in the Believe In Magic. She's not been doing so hot as a four year old, but will still run to the end of the season.

La Parisienne - won the Ramona Handicap in an easy two and a half lengths. Gotta love.

Le Diable Noir - third in a 1 1/4 mile allowance. This horse wants to run...and run...maybe I need to find him a 2 mile race.

Pop Culture - broke her maiden *finally*.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

None of my 4 entree's made me money this week. : (

I'm a little bummed about that...but also I have to take it in stride since I know I have horses that might just truely be duds, or just need a wee bit more time for me to figure them out. : ) I'm hoping that it's the latter, and I'll have some regular ol' money earners in my barn in another 3 to 4 weeks.

I am happy they seemed to have improved...none of them ran 12th :P :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Champ was 2nd in his claiming race at Belmont, Accmplished has shipped back to the states, he is exhausted and will get some much needed rest before his next race.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Stormy Peak wrote: None of my 4 entree's made me money this week. : (

I'm a little bummed about that...but also I have to take it in stride since I know I have horses that might just truely be duds, or just need a wee bit more time for me to figure them out. : ) I'm hoping that it's the latter, and I'll have some regular ol' money earners in my barn in another 3 to 4 weeks.

I am happy they seemed to have improved...none of them ran 12th :P :lol:

Stormy
Check your stable Stormy ;)

He just ran, but should be a solid racer for you.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Dolphin got 6th and Alexandria got 10th.
Seagrass Farm
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Emily Mitchell wrote:
Check your stable Stormy  ;)

He just ran, but should be a solid racer for you.
A 2yr old from a $50,000 stud fee horse! :o :)
Wow...that's very generous of you!

I'm having a lot of fun trying to improve upon the underachievers I bought...and have been seeing some improvements...not a lot, but some, so that makes me hopeful things will get better with that lot, but this 2 year old is by far a much nicer horse...hit the board in all of his starts so far...still a maiden, but I doubt he'll be like that for long.

I read someone was doing an article about random acts of kindness in this game...well...I just got hit with the r.a.k. semi-truck....or should I say " A Bus". ;) :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I had one colt run and he did poorly but it was only his second start so I'm not too concerned.

It seems that most of my horses run the same weeks. I've had just 1 horse race these past two weeks and this upcoming week I have 5 or 6. Quite a few of them have a good shot, so I'm excited :D
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

8: 1-2-2. My Girl Friday found the winner's circle again in with an "easy" victory in an allowance race; My Countdown and Remember the Race both ran nice seconds, finishing well in the stretch after bad showings in their last races; Res Mira finished third in an allowance and Soledad finished third in a claimer. Wickedly was a disappointment in an allowance and Pirated finished way off the board after a long trip.

Just a question, though it might get buried. The running line says Res Mira checked hard and then hung. Is the hanging a result of the check, therefore I shouldn't mess with her equipment, or should I do some adjusting?
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

when i see hung I either add blinkers or take them off.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

TeriLawrence wrote: Dare - third in the Believe In Magic. She's not been doing so hot as a four year old, but will still run to the end of the season.
I give this filly SO much credit, and it's not just because I own her sire. The female sprint division is brutal, and she always manages to keep up. She is a tough, tough filly.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

It was a rather dismal week, no wins, but at least Thumb Fun brought home a good check. A very good girl, now she'll get a nice break.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Okay, well I *finally* got around to finding the Riverstone Farm connected winners for this week- just wanted to post here and congratulate everyone!!!

-Soaringintothenight, by Dance in the Dark, won the South African Oaks (G1) for trainer Roberto Prieto
-Desert Sands, by First Samurai, made his record a pefect 2 for 2 while winning the Grey Breeder's Cup Stakes for trainer Jonathan Pac
-the Riverstone bred 2 y/o Crimson Moon (Declan's Moon x The Rose of Night, by The Natural) won the Gin Talking Stakes for trainer Jonathan Pac... Crimson Moon was sold through one of the Riverstone Farm yearling auctions hosted on this forum!
-Introspect, by Symboli Kris S, made her record perfect a 2 for 2 for trainer Laura Smith
-another Symboli Kris S 2 year old, Fleet Admiral, made his record a perfect 2 for 2 as well for trainer Michelle Calderoni
-Everything Shines, by Glitterman, won the Believe in Magic Stakes for trainer LaDonna King
-Royal Lochnagar, by Xaar, bumped Xaar's % winners from starters to 60% by breaking his maiden for trainer Gerry Hardie
-the Riverstone bred Excruciating (Three of Crowns x Believe in Love, by No Tears Here) made his steeplechasing debut for his new trainer Alyse Schuver and won easily
-the Riverstone bred Bling Bling (Too Much Bling x Allayed Fears, by Inspired Fury) - who was sold for just $7,000 as a yearling - won a high priced claiming race for his new trainer Tasha Langley
-Mayhem, by Glitterman, broke her maiden for trainer Sarah Chase
-Deneb Alased, out of the Riverstone Farm broodmare Denebola, broke her maiden first time out for trainer Josh Dutzy
-Deliberation, by Monashee Mountain, broke her maiden for trainer Eric Nalbone
-Glittering Saga, by Glitterman, won an allowance race for trainer Sara Kendall
-Smoking Gun, by Henny Hughes (who is currently at a reduced price for a limited time!!!), broke his maiden for trainer Becky Whilden
-Saucysalsalady, by Bago, broke her maiden for trainer Gerry Hardie

Congrats everyone!!! I love to see all those winners!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~