Punishment Lines

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I must not run all my good horses so close together
I must not run all my good horses so close together

It will carry on like this, my good horses both got stuffed :(
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

<_< I broke Golden Indian, im thinking of retiring her, i broke Wash Away too, silly newbie me :angry:
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I don't think Golden Indian is "broken", just exhausted. While you technically had three weeks between races, you shipped her in that span from Hollywood to Belmont, Colonial Downs and finally Florence Park, the latter two in the same day and also worked her once during that time. I realize you were probably exploring different race options, which is why she shipped so often, but if you're not dead set on the race, don't ship her to that track. Each trip, particularly that initial cross-country trip, takes something out of her, as does the workout. I also think she was tired coming out of the Hollywood race, since she'd run at Stampede Park two weeks earlier.

Personally, I'd ship her to a farm near Florence Park, and run her again Week 12. I would also not ship her until you'd settled on the race she is definitely going to run in for Week 12. I would also not work her prior to that Week 12 race.

I think you'll see an improvement if you go that way around.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Laura F. wrote: I don't think Golden Indian is "broken", just exhausted.  While you technically had three weeks between races, you shipped her in that span from Hollywood to Belmont, Colonial Downs and finally Florence Park, the latter two in the same day and also worked her once during that time. I realize you were probably exploring different race options, which is why she shipped so often, but if you're not dead set on the race, don't ship her to that track.  Each trip, particularly that initial cross-country trip, takes something out of her, as does the workout.  I also think she was tired coming out of the Hollywood race, since she'd run at Stampede Park two weeks earlier.

Personally, I'd ship her to a farm near Florence Park, and run her again Week 12.    I would also not ship her until you'd settled on the race she is definitely going to run in for Week 12.  I would also not work her prior to that Week 12 race.

I think you'll see an improvement if you go that way around.
Thanks, i still forget how newbish i am, it frustrates me <_<

-edit-

AH! i accidently shipped her to bloody argentina grrr :angry: *bites mouse*
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Well it finally had to happen - my first SIM injury and to my only decent horse too. In Cahoots was being aimed at a nice low level graded race but now has a small fracture and will be off for nearly a month.

Again i probably over did it with the workouts and racing but hopefully i live and learn.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Amanda wrote: In Cahoots was being aimed at a nice low level graded race but now has a small fracture and will be off for nearly a month.
Wasn't she entered in a G1? At Saratoga, no less?
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Yes - adn with the type of injury she has its now a question of will there be enough time to train for end of season or should i just retire her now - she is booked to Peace Rules when she does.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

You make me nervous when you say "train", because I don't know whether you mean workouts or not. She recovers right before Week 14, and I would not recommend running her or working her out that week. So, that essentially leaves you one more race, either in Week 15 or Week 16. There really aren't any races that fit her in Week 15, and Week 16, your choices are either the Breeders' Cup or the Falls City. The Breeders' Cup would be asking an awful lot of her. I guess it's a judgment call as to whether you want to try the Falls City, or retire her now. I'd probably wait until I got a look at that field before I made that decision; as there really is no benefit in breeding the baby now, as opposed to a few weeks from now.
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Thanks for the feedback - tbh my first instinct when i saw the injury was to retire her so i think thats what i will do. She was my first good horse in the game and it will be a shame not see her run again but i woudl rather have her safe and sound and being a mom than i risk her again and she breaks down and thats the end.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Amanda wrote: Thanks for the feedback - tbh my first instinct when i saw the injury was to retire her so i think thats what i will do. She was my first good horse in the game and it will be a shame not see her run again but i woudl rather have her safe and sound and being a mom than i risk her again and she breaks down and thats the end.
Good luck with her as a broodmare, she is a wonderfull horse
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

In Cahoots is class Amanda, good luck with her foals and hope they can run like their mum :)
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Susie Raisher wrote:
Amanda wrote: In Cahoots was being aimed at a nice low level graded race but now has a small fracture and will be off for nearly a month.
Wasn't she entered in a G1? At Saratoga, no less?
I think what Susie meant was that you called the G1 Go For Wand Handicap at Saratoga a "low level graded race."
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Sorry I didnt mean any discrepect - i just genuinely forget which race she was entered in - got confused with her and Prospectors Lady who run at the same distance!

I hope she does well as a broodmare - Peace Rules should suit her very well being totally outcropped and apparently no inbreeding between them. (Shameless plug but he does only stand for $1!)
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I've gotton pretty lucky this year and have no injuries. However, I'm waiting for the day where I will run A Map To Heaven to close... well, haven't done that yet :D