Breeding question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Breeding question

Post by Amanda Haderthauer »

Hello, I am a new player but I had a specific question about Steeplechasing so I thought I would post it here instead of the new players page. I leased some mares, one of which came with a hypomate in the notes. The Hypo Mating was to Jete and the grade was an A-. I have only bred a handful of mares and all with out the use of hypo mating because I am out of game points :cry: . Jete has a $30,000 stud fee which is 3x the highest I have paid for a stud fee. So i guess what I want to know is, is the how good is an A- nick?
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Breeding question

Post by Nini Panini »

An A- nick is never a sure thing. There have been A- nicks that give out scary goods, and hard to tell gallops. But since this is steeplechasing, gallop comments don't matter. I'm no expert on chasing but I do know that an A- nick doesn't mean the offspring will automatically be awesome.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Steeplechasers get A and A- nicks a lot easier than flat runners, but like anything else in SIM, a nick grade is never a guarantee of a certain quality of foal.

Amanda, give me the name of the mare (you can PM me, if you prefer), and I'll hypomate him with my steeplechase stallion, Broadsword, who is proven with just two crops that have raced over jumps, and stands for 10k.
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Post by Amanda Haderthauer »

Thanks everyone for all of your help!