Jabberwocky

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Re: Jabberwocky

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Love Jabberwocky! Congrats on his awesomeness this year--Can't wait to see what he does for you next year!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Lori and Kelley!

Truly, Jabberwocky was 5 before his gallop comment changed from wings to very special. Talk about a late bloomer, ha! So we're pleased to announce that United Arab Emirates is the next destination on his world tour.
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Horse of the Year! Congratulations Nick!!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I'm truly stunned on that one Bradley, thanks!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

With each race he faces tougher fields, and the Desert Turf Classic is no exception. He wouldn't be the first favorite defeated.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Sooner or later, defeat is always hard to take. After running the 2 mile prep, he probably thought he had more room to make up the distance. But as a wise person pointed out, he was running hard at the wire.

So, we shorten him up and move on to the German International Cup. His goal this season is the Arc, and possibly retiring after that. (not looking forward to hooking Vlad, lol)

I confess, I'm looking forward to little Jabbers in the fields!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I think many of us are looking forward to his retirement so that we can have our own little piece of him, Nick! What a wonderful horse with a huge heart.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Lori, he makes me shake my head in wonder!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

So, the German International Cup was the perfect spot to soothe Jabbers bruised ego after his Desert Turf Classic defeat. In a relatively easy field, he made up about 5 lengths and finished with an 81 speed figure.

So, last night in his first start over the London Gallops Course, he defeated Regulus Arcturus and Impacted in the King George Stake. In his return match with Regulus A, Jabberwocky posted his best speed figure of all time, an 85!

On to the Arc and another match up with the demure black colt, Regulus Arcturus.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The Arc is shaping up into another one of those races that scare the heck out of me. The last time we saw entries like this it cost Gibraltar his racing career. 6 millionaires so far and the other two entries are legitimate contenders....no slouches here!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I Just absolutely love Jabberwocky and I just hope I am able to get a hold of a nice turf miler mare by the time he retires
so I can get my pice of this monstrous amazing Horse

I haven't been here so long but still remember the race call for the steward cup race that was the first I heard of Jabberwocky where he came from stumbling at the start and being far off to completely swoosh the field in the end and securing an easy win.
And I just tthought to myself wow that Is amazing I wish I could get a horse like that one day and well I am still hoping lol
and who wouldn't want a horse named up after a gigantic monster haha

so now I just hope u will win the arc
good luck
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Sten, I appreciate the support. Please note, tho, you need to find a turf router to breed to him. Not a miler, ok...I'm sure it was a slip of the tongue, so to speak. He will be retiring some time after the Arc.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

So, the Arc is history and we came up second best. Make no mistake, Nipote Di Atlante is no fluke and is a brilliant runner.

Jabbers is retired and standing for $40k. In his first weekend at stud he already has 28 foals on the ground, (other than my own) including 2 sets of twins and one bred by Emily herself! Thanks to all for their support and the best of luck with your foals.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Jabbers gave me a mountain of firsts.

The high profile races he won...As a 3 year old, his first Grade 1, the Indian Derby. As a 4 year old, the beginning of an amazing 11 race winning steak highlighted by the Japan Trophy. The streak included wins in New York in the Tribeca, in Chicago in the Million, and on to California in the Stewards Cup Turf as a 5 year old. In spite of being stopped in the Desert Turf Classic, he moved on to Europe with a couple more wins, including the Grade 1 King George Stake.

Not too shabby for a homebred!

Now 99 yearlings later and with a bit of luck, a few of these could avenge his Arc defeat! Best of luck to all who bred.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Both of my Jabbers yearlings are wow!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder