Any non-AW studs out there?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Any non-AW studs out there?

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I'm glad you guys are keeping this thread alive. I will have to refer to it towards the end of the year when I start breeding my routers. Kya, I will definitely send one or two mares to SS.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Chief is getting a few AW milers from mares I've bred to him (the mares have not been AW types, or at least didn't race on AW). The caveat to that is that all of those AW wins have been in Alaska. I'd love to know if he can get a good AW type miler from an AW mare, but don't have any in my barn.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Ellen Ripley is by Chief and out of Hafi Adai who's a daughter of Original Tough Guy and a Loki Dynasty mare. She did four furlongs on the AW in 48.68 and hit the board in AW miles two out of three times.

She's a star mare. Hypos Bs with AW miler studs but then so do most of my AW miler mares.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Spartan may be one to consider

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=345750

Not a super fast work but fast enough that I would consider him if I had a nice dual surface dirt/aw mare =)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Nena i have been using Spartan for aw milers and he has produced 1 wow so he is definitely one to consider, tho i didnt get much luck sending routers to him.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

yeah he's nice with miler. Like this colt though who zipped a 1:00.13.

bred this filly

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

I just worked a stakes galloping turf filly 5f on the plastic and she ran a 1:00.21, which seems to be a reasonable time.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=374272

She is by Matter of the Soul out of a Magician x Colorado mare. Now I'd like to try another turf/AW stud for the mare this year, but it'd have to be one free of Magician and Colorado in the pedigree. Caterwaul? Do I try Matter's brother Alexei?
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

For those of you on the fence about Spartan for a miler stud, check out this filly. A Bayou homebred, she hit the top 4 furlong works list with a 0:47.88 work. ZOOM!
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Nice to see that there is another stallion for the aw milers to go to. I've managed to breed three so far for aw milers with Spartan.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I sent my star International Team/OTG mare so curious to see how well both dirt and AW turn out.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Del Mar Magicbecame the first winner for Del Mar Derby winning at a mile over some nice ones. I was so excited...I've always really liked him! :)

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

With week 10 claimers and week 11 MSWs, I had some pretty good results with Happy Racing (second) and look forward to stretching my Del Mar Derby out to a route next time out.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

I have one to consider Thunderous i have noticed he has already had a Aw winner and he has some decent works about, and most importantly he is Spartans 1/2 brother.
I have lots of Thuderous x War Daddy 3yr olds that are making there aw debuts in the next few weeks i will report back with any findings.
Thanks Lee
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I mentioned him earlier as a half brother to Spartan. I had a Thunderous/War Daddy combo...had b/c it got claimed on a three way shake last night. :P

Night Surf

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

So I did a little experimenting last year, at least for me. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the results as far as gallops go. I could be completely wrong and these babies might like the non-AW surface. But here's who I used in Y35:

Answer the Dream, miler/router
  • Slick Answer, colt, out of a "good" Hail Sleet 'n Snow mare. Galloped "great".
  • I'm including him here since someone told me he's really a router sire, so I figured I'd give him a shot.
Delpeni, router
  • Unnamed, colt, out of a "formidable" Yes x Sunday Silence mare. Galloped "great".
  • He could be dirt, like his CAH grand dam. But I liked him of all the Something Better sires available.
Grindelwald, router
  • Unnamed, filly out of a "star" Magic x Priceless Forever mare. Galloped "okay".
  • Greyback, colt, out of a "formidable" Fang x California mare. Galloped "great".
  • I wouldn't have given him much thought but the Steward did this, which is putting in fast works. That colt might be dirt though.
Happy Racing, router
  • Unnamed, colt, out of a "good" Sunday Silence x Secretariat CAH mare. Galloped "okay".
  • Unnamed, filly, out of a "good" Eastern Dynasty x Conduit mare. Galloped "okay".
  • Depths of Despair, colt, out of a "formidable" Depths Of The Sea x Sunday Silence mare. Galloped "great".
  • Ronnie still has him listed as a Dirt Router, but he's got 10 dirt winners and 5 AW winners so far. And I like him! Best I've gotten from that last mare, who might be dirt, but HR's best offspring is out of a DOTS mare too.
Mammoth, router
  • Certain Death, filly, out of a "formidable" Start Of The End x Streamer mare. Galloped "great".
  • Will likely be turf instead of all weather, but thanks Marzy for pointing him out.
Riddle, router
  • Unnamed, filly, out of a "formidable" Start Of The End x Ramses II mare. Galloped "claimer".
  • Unnamed, filly, out of a "good" Dr. Ghazi x Fang mare. Galloped "okay".
  • Unnamed, filly, out of a "good" Astonishing x Boise State Boy mare. Galloped "okay".
  • I know he's suppose to have AW potential, but I have no idea what to send him. That East female side is throwing me off. Also, he retired at the end of the year and I had no good mares for him.
Silent Stormer, sprinter
  • Starstormer, filly, out of a "star" Seraph x Comet mare. Galloped "great".
Spartan, miler/router
  • Unnamed, filly, out of a "formidable" Astonishing x End of the Line mare. Galloped "great".
  • Speedy 1 1/16 mare probably makes this girl a miler (knowing my luck).
Thunderous, router
  • Unnamed, colt, out of a "good" Eastern Dynasty x Gold Allure mare. Galloped "okay".
  • Pealing Thunder, filly, out of a "formidable" Battle Plan x Throne mare. Galloped "great".
  • Storming Applause, filly, out of a "formidable" Magician x Loki Dyansty mare. Galloped "great".
  • He's going to be like his half brother. I like them both, but will probably use Thunderous more. He's cheaper too.
Wise Dan, any
  • Unnamed, colt, out of Stew-bred Truly Emazing (Smile for Em x Agronomist). Galloped "great".
  • Can't say if it's good or bad, because this is her first colt and I can't compare him with anything. Plus "stakes" sprinters aren't that common, at least in my barn.