Auction Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't happened yet...

Did everyone get what they wanted?

I got Little Dipper. She's an Em's Always Busy x Constellation that is bound to go zooooooooooooooooooooooom! I feel really poor now, however. Time to win some races!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I picked up Fiat (probably for WAAAY too much, but whatever!).

I nominate Mac Silver for the steal of the auction: Benjamin Franklin that cheap is going to be a HUGE steal.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I was looking at her too Ali. Sorry for outdoing you on Love but she's Calm's sister - I had to have her :wub:
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I have a severe case of buyer's remorse. I am going to have to go to spendaholics anonymous. THat $1 million mark seems SO far away now.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mike Prevost
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Prevost »

I landed Girlfloatsonclouds! I was bidding on her and Ben. I would have been stoked with either! First auction buy. I feel great about the buy. I agree that Mac landed a nice one.
ASTONISHING...50k
HEMI CUDA Year 20 Stewards Cup Sprint Winner. 30k
WORTH MY WEIGHT. Richest son of Monaachi. Stewards Cup Mile Winner Year 23. 50k
MCARDLE. 10k Pacer
Lost Puzzle 20k Dirt Sprinter
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Martin Pennington wrote: I was looking at her too Ali. Sorry for outdoing you on Love but she's Calm's sister - I had to have her :wub:
It's no biggie. I just couldn't believe she was going for so low (she's bred SO CLOSE to Guitar) and thought I'd try to steal her away. I was really after Little Dipper, so I'm happy. :D
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Yeah I saw her and I thought being a sister to Calm I really need some female Calm-blood and well she's too closely bred to a monster to say no to.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I picked up Invade (Invasor - Seeking the Light by Seeking the Gold)

must apologize to Amy Schmidt I out bid her on this chestnut filly *hugs* Amy

but I am also happy I got my first auction purchase
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

"Bargain" is definitely relative in this auction, as the cheapest horse still sold for $101k, but I agree with you, Eric. Benjamin Franklin looked like a great value, and Desert Starlight has the bloodlines to be a good one, even though both sire and dam are unproven. Other notable "bargains" were the Barbaro x Altibiir for $525k, Love for $600k, and For Better for $500k.

My number one pick out of this year's TBS crop was Live Your Dreams (although the Sai Yah and Atlantis were very close behind), and while I probably could have gotten her with my $7.5 million bid, there was no way I wanted to be kicking myself wishing I'd gone higher, because in a choice between a good horse and money, I'll take the good horse every day. I'd rather feel like I might have been able to get her cheaper, so I went the extra distance to guarantee I didn't get outbid. She's my dream girl, all right, so I'm thrilled.

Congratulations to Em for an absolutely stellar group of yearlings, and if the auction slowed down at the end (with 40+ players online all clicking away), I sure didn't notice it. So, yay for the SIM for handling the crowd!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I had a little fun and bid up a horse WAY above my target price. Congrats to all!

-Daryl
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I wanted Desert Starlight, but got thrown off when Jon bid 700k and couldn't go that high. I got Acting Well for 350k. She is cool and a turf horse. I love turf horses.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

I got Diva for $1,100,000, waaaay more than I wanted to spend. But how could a resist a half to Guitar? Plus, my two turf stars, Right Hand Man and Nice and Cozzy, are getting old so I wanted something new to have fun with.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I had my horses lined up that I wanted, and was ready to bid...went to workout and forgot the danged auction.

I'm *.

Auctions just don't go well for me, with the exception of Left Behind. :|
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

A mini-auction in the chatroom now Tasha if you want to join us.
Mark Millard
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Millard »

gold digger