Name My Foals - Year 34

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Name My Foals - Year 34

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This popular contest is back for the fifth year running!

Naming Spreadsheet

Rules & Notes

1. Submit ALL names via in-game PM. This will prevent other players from using the names you suggest before I have a chance to look at them and consider the names.
2. Please don't take offense if I don't choose your name(s); this game is all in fun!
3. You will be paid out winnings as soon as the contest is over, after yearling gallops next year (Year 35).
4. You may still submit names without specific pedigrees in mind, but those will only pay $500 this year (see below).

Ways to Get Money

1. Submit a name for a specific foal, and the name is accepted by me (or I choose to use that name for a different foal) --> $1,000
2. Submit a name as part of a list of suggestions, and I use that name for one of my foals --> $500
3. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 34 gallops "Wow" or "Stakes" in first Year 35 gallop --> $10,000*
4. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 34 gallops "Scary" or "Special" in first Year 35 gallop --> $25,000*
5. The person who has the largest "bankroll" from this contest will "win" a bonus --> $50,000

*If for some reason gallop comments change for next season, I reserve the right to adjust these prize figures to reflect the equivalent gallop comments.
Last edited by Nikki Everdeen 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Name My Foals - Year 34

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Sweeeet
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I know I have about 10 PMs sitting in my inbox waiting to be looked through. I promise I will get to your suggestions ASAP!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

And finally...updated!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I've got a toughie for you. I just purchased this amazing filly Joshualamp, and would like to rename her to something regal and/or strong. I will give $10,000 rather than the usual $1,000 for an accepted name for her!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated! Note that Joshualamp is still not renamed. There were a few names that I liked but were taken by the time I got to them. Also, many of the suggested names for her didn't fit my thoughts for her, but I chose to use them for other foals!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

FINALLY updated! Sorry guys, I've been crazy busy at work, but it's finally starting to clear out. Congratulations to Darcy for suggesting Joshualamp's new name - "Angels On High"! There were a LOT that I liked though, and you'll see that plenty of you have credit for naming other horses, as I used your Joshualamp suggestions for those girls!

Now I need to get back to breeding so you'll have more to name. In the meantime, there are still a bunch unnamed, so take a look at the spreadsheet or do a search to find my unnamed foals!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Spreadsheet is updated with new unnamed foals. I have a few PMs in my inbox, but haven't had a chance to review them yet.

As an added incentive - anyone who names a currently INSURED foal will get $3,000 rather than the usual $1,000 (does not apply to a list that is submitted if I choose the name myself for an insured foal). Also, I will go back through the list and actually add the extra $2k to those insured foals who are already named as a special treat!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated!!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Finally was able to update and name some more foals!

You can now note that I've included UNBRED foals this time around. I have not bred them yet, but plan to breed them upon both parents' retirement. You can make suggestions and if I like any of them I'll name the foal when it's bred!

Also note that I will be out of town for work starting tomorrow, so it may not be until the following week that I can look through more names. But this new listing should give you plenty to think about in the meantime!
Inspiration Stud
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

I swear, Nikki, that I will try to catch up with some names this week ;) I've ben a slacker this time around, sorry! BUT I was glad to see Pingwyne in the Best Named horse contest---one of my all time faves submitted to you :)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I keep waiting for you to submit, but I know you're busy. :) You ARE defending champion, after all!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm finally back and starting to get re-grouped from the 10 days I was on a business trip. Keep those names coming; I intend to get all caught up by the end of this weekend!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I know I said like a week ago that I was regrouped from my trip - I might have exaggerated. :oops:

NOW I am finally getting caught up, and even starting to breed mares again! So keep those names coming. I currently have at least 7 PMs in my inbox to review, but I'm sure there are lots of unnamed ones who haven't been thought about yet, plus you never know, I may like your name better than someone else's!
Inspiration Stud