Sim Trivia Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Reminder: there's still about four hours left to enter the contest! Nobody has gotten all the answers right yet so you still have a great chance to win!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

*bangs head on desk* Bah, this is what I get for not thoroughly checking the forum, just missed the deadline. :(
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Oh, snap.

I have it 3/4 done, but have clearly missed the deadline. Next time!
Biff Tannen
Miler

Post by Biff Tannen »

so who ended up winning this contest?
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Sorry for the delay, folks. There was a three way tie with the winner decided by random number picking by the SIMsters in the chat tonight. Congrats Jolene Danner! She had eight correct answers. Also with eight correct answers were Peihe Sun and Scott Pho. Everybody did a great job. :)

Here are the answers:
1. In which year was each continent/country added to the SIM? List each continent/country and the SIM year it was added. The continents/countries you should list are: North America, South America, Europe, Australia, South Africa, Japan, Barbados, Puerto Rico. Don't worry about any other places.
North America 1, South America 10, Europe 7, Australia 12, South Africa 16, Barbados 17, Puerto Rico 17.

2. Of all the players in the SIM with over $5 million in earnings, who has played the game for the least amount of time?
Luis Polar, who joined on March 9, 2006.

3. What stallion has sired the most Kentucky Derby winners? Name the horses.
There is a tie: Event of the Year sired Priceless Forever and Tremendous, and Gentlemen sired Sports Jersey and Loki Flame.

4. Which player has been in the SIM the longest?
LaDonna King has been playing faithfully since Year 1.

5. Of the three US Triple Crown winners, two were campaigned by players still in the game. Who are those two players, and who are their horses? (hint: both horses were campaigned by their breeders)
This one was the gimme, and yes everyone did get it right: Jon Xett campaigned Tremendous, and Jet-Ski was mine.

6. How many 3yo Triple Crown winners has the SIM had in total? (The Triple Crowns are: the US, the English, the Canadian, the South African, the Puerto Rican (there are two of those), and the Barbados Triple Crowns).
3 US, no English, 3 Canadian, 2 South African, and 1 Puerto Rican, so 9 in total.

7. How many races on the official stakes schedule were named after SIM players? (hint: if you find a race that appears to be named after a person, try searching for it on Google. If you can't find any mentions of it, chances it's a SIM race named for a SIM player). What are those races?
This was a toughie, and only Jarrn got all four: Jennifer Stewart, Kellie Whitehead, Marie Matthews, and Tony Wollman. Robin Tan also has a stakes named after her but it is not yet on the official stakes schedule.

8. Many of the top SIM horses represent a real life horse. Who were the SIM's Secretariat, Ruffian, and Man O'War?
The answer to this one is found on this page, linked from the main "SIMformation" page: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/aboutsim.html' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/aboutsim.html</a>. Priceless Forever is Secretariat, Event of the Year is Man O'War, and Forever Risk is Ruffian.

9. How many individual Horses of the Year, from all continents and countries, have there been? (if a horse won more than one HOTY title, it only counts once)
There have been thirty nine, but I am not going to list them all, sorry. *g*

10. What is the longest generational streak of Kentucky Derby winners? (that is, the father won, the son, the grandson, etc) How many generations did the streak last, and who were the horses involved?
One set of father-son-grandson has won the Kentucky Derby in the SIM: Event of the Year sired Tremendous who sired Mighty Big. For some reason the majority of the entries named Seattle Slew as one of the answers, even though I repeatedly emphasized that only wins IN THE SIM counted. :)

Great job everyone, and I hope y'all had a lot of fun with this! Even the Steward was stumped on the last question!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle