The Foes List

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

The Foes List

Post by The Steward »

I think it's time people got a reminder that the Foes List exists (not named by us, obviously).

To add someone to your foes list, click on the User Control Panel just under the SIM logo (well... faker logo) at the top. Friends and foes is on the left hand side. You have to click Manage Foes.

Then, type in someone's name, and their posts no longer show up! That way, you are no longer tempted to read and or respond to people you "don't like" or whatever. Try it today, it may make your forum life better!!

Brought To You by the People for Ethical Treatment of All Forumites
better known as PETAF
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: The Foes List

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Hee hee hee this made me giggle. Thank you Em.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I did not know this existed. Thanks!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

I say, since we have like buttons. We should also have dislike buttons. Or maybe a sucker punch button ;)
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Priceless...thanks Em!
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thanks...already found it. I mostly use it for "friends" (so I don't have to sift through personality conflicts to find ongoing discussions within a thread) but it's nice to see that it does have other uses for people who are just not into being snarked at on our own threads just because people don't like us. It does make it somewhat easier not to react in kind and forget that ultimately at the end of the day, this isn't just about whether or not people respect each other or themselves even but how much they truly respect those who work hard to create such a great place.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Be better if we had a 'foegiven' button and people would just chill out. ;)

-----
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

i never knew we had one. good to know but i doubt i will use it though
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Be better if we had a 'foegiven' button and people would just chill out. ;)
Yes! I usually do that after a couple of days...it's just some days you bust a few balls, knock a few more back together and sitting back with a margarita, it's nice to change one's viewing habits for a while. 8) Plus it gives people who don't like my posts the ability to opt out which doesn't bother me at all.

Actually what's even better is that it doesn't really block posts as much as allowing you to screen them first. You do have the option to read them by clicking a link. I am not a big user of it unless I feel someone needs a time out.

I've got to finally watch the second half of the Harry Potters last book or last movie...while I still remember the first half. Personally I like the drama with the two horses better. That's quite a story in itself.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke