Raising Money to Save a Horse

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Raising Money to Save a Horse

Post by The Steward »

Hey SIMsters,

I've volunteered to help raise money - fast - to save a racehorse who could really use a good retirement. Although I've been asked not to use his name until the rescue operation is "complete," he is a multiple stakes winning, graded stakes placed fixture in New York who is now toiling away in claimers. The current owner refuses to retire him unless someone buys him for $10,000.

We've already obtained $5,000, and are hoping to be able to talk him down to $7,500 if we are able to present that much tomorrow. Can we raise $2,500?! I'd like to try!

This is very short notice, but I'm hoping SIMsters will pitch in. Think of it as Christmas charity giving? If the current owner still turns down the money, then we will either donate it to this rescue http://www.akindalehorserescue.org/ or return it to you, the gracious giver. If you are wiling to participate, you can either PayPal me directly - steward@simhorseracing.com, or tell me to take it out of your current game point amount and we will give as the SIM. If you want it returned if it doesn't work out, let me know when you donate, or I'll send it to the rescue. Because it's going to a rescue, it's tax deductible, so that's yay!

The horse in question has a home ready to go to if the owner gives him up, and will be retrained and get a second career. Much better than watching him struggle around the track without a win in a long time!

THANK YOU SIMSTERS IN ADVANCE!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Re: Raising Money to Save a Horse

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Em, I wish I could help but unfortunately I can't. I'd love to share it on Facebook in case any of my horsey or animal loving friends can help though. Would the best way just to be to write a post and say the owner of this game I play, who works in the TB racing industry, is doing this, or do you have something I could share on FB?
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

That's a good question Alex. I don't know how to approach FB, myself. We are trying to leave the name of the people involved out of it, which is why I felt like I'd be too vague for Facebook, but maybe if you sent a private message to a group of your friends? I think that's a good idea, maybe I'll try it!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Hmm, the problem is then I'd be afraid I left someone out. *thinks* Would it be alright with you if I copied your post to put on FB? I'd obviously credit you (and could tag you if you so wished) and the SIM with a link, so people would know it was legit.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Somebody else is already on it. Still, can't help but to come at it from multiple angles and pressure him into finally giving this horse what he deserves.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alysse Peverell wrote:Somebody else is already on it. Still, can't help but to come at it from multiple angles and pressure him into finally giving this horse what he deserves.

As explained in IM, that person needs our $2.5k to flesh it out.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

I placed a message on my facebook for people to contact me for more details about saving a deserving animal tonight. I hope a few will get a hold of me. Have you had much response yet, Em?
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

For the record, the guy who has this horse is rather unsavory so I think having more than the goal won't hurt. The fact that he's demanding ANY money for this poor animal is disgraceful and what gives horse racing a bad name.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

If you put something like your original post on Facebook, I think it would be good enough for Facebook. I've seen a lot of posts like that from some of my rescue friends. I can't help monetarily but I'd be willing to "share" it on my page.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Look back and see what jockeys rode him when he won stakes and ask/get them to donate some
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Em - Please take 30,000 game points off of my account for this rescue horse; if it doesn't work out for him give it to the other charity. I was going to pay you direct through PayPal, but the link takes me to some "wizard" that wants me to set up a newsblog account or some such.

I wish I had more to give, but just started working full time again, so hope it's some useful.

Good luck; please keep us posted!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
A.R. Roberts
Grade 2 Winner

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Em, you can take 50,000 of my GP's.
@AR_Roberts
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Has anyone contacted his breeder to see if they'd be willing to help?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Sent you a PM!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Frances Krell
Turf Router

Post by Frances Krell »

Take 20,000 GP out of my account. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this horse gets a new home and new career! Please keep us updated. If it doesn't work out, my GPs can go to the rescue.