Raising Money to Save a Horse

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Re: Raising Money to Save a Horse

Post by J K Rowling »

I think it's great that people are helping. I just think its an interesting phenomenon that many people jump at the chance to save a bigger named horse for a much larger sum of money rather than helping a few claimers that have great potential at new careers. For example, giving $100 to this fund versus giving $100 to CANTER or New Vocations.

Surely there has to be some fancy term for that theory?
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Raising Money to Save a Horse

Post by The Steward »

Update: The trainer is determined to run him "one more time" and the ball is in his court, because if he "runs well" (no definition of running well given, so that could be 5th beaten 10 for all we know) then he'll stay in training for 2013. Absolutely baffling that a trainer would rather run last in $10k claimers than hand over the lead rope for cash, but there you go. This is apparently a "special" situation.

There are a lot of angry people over this whole deal - at least 3 different rescues and one TV station are involved as well as countless fans and other horsemen, including previous owners and owners who never even had this horse. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I don't feel comfortable or right about sitting on this money until the 16th, so I will be contacting the donators tonight to see what you want to do with it and will be returning to those who desire. Thank you for the incredibly quick and speedy replies! Forever appreciated.

Locking not because I want to keep people out of discussing this, but because I want my post to be the fastest thing the curious people who want updates see.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG