'chasing Points!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Now we have ranked chasers! WOOT!
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

*screams* I have the #5 ranked steeplechaser!!!!!

Wahooooooooooooooo!!!!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

My head hurts. A horse from a R4A mare wins over 4 miles. A Smoke Glacken horse is ranked #4, and won over 3 1/4 miles. A Yes It's True horse won over 2 miles. A disproportionate number of top-ranked 'chasers were bred by me or are out of mares that I owned at once point (4 of the top 10).

I retired all my steeplechasers. I'm going to stick to flat racing where the world makes sense and dirt sprinters don't sire winners over 3 1/4 miles. I need Advil.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I AGREE Eric. I had a bunch of silly old geldings pretending to be steeplechasers. Most of them are happily pensioned.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Ahhh steeplechasers.. Sooo very interesting! :huh: :D

I started the year with 17 steeplechasers.. One was claimed ( wow? ) I must have sold one and I've retired 6. The others are earning bits and pieces so I'm willing to keep trying a little longer.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Brianna McKenzie wrote: Ahhh steeplechasers.. Sooo very interesting! :huh: :D

I started the year with 17 steeplechasers.. One was claimed ( wow? ) I must have sold one and I've retired 6. The others are earning bits and pieces so I'm willing to keep trying a little longer.
I claimed your filly because she's such a pretty mare breeding-wise! I think she's by Pulpit and out of Gandria (I may be slightly off), and HAD to pounce on her. I thought for sure there would be a shake for her, but I got her somehow anyway.

I've had a few horses who are okay over fences. One horse, Destiny's Snowfall (thanks Brianna!!!!!!), has won two races and I intend to send him into stakes company next. I also have a few who are okay over the hedges, consistently picking up checks (I think I have one who keeps running second), while there are a few who are horrific.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I have 4 in the top 50!!! Whooo-hoooo!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Bear is my only decent chaser, he has 7 points *woop* he is a "in the money horse" who was great on the flat and seems to enjoy chasing, but the pedigree thing does give me a headache hope it works out in time that dirt horses dont come and win chases its just weird
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Holy bajeezus...I have the NUMBER ONE chaser...

Of course, #s 3, 4, 9 and 10 are going against him in week 11.

I used to own #40...
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Yeah, but he's a good 20 points ahead of his nearest competition.

Yo've got a nice one there, Patten.

To bad he's a gelding! :P
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I think i just picked up a decent one his names Wistful, hes by Consolation Prize who has two runners over fences ones unbeaten and ones had two 2nds, he wasnt a bad flat horse, only had 3 runs, and im hoping he can make it over fences, hes a stallion to so if he does well, yay! lol
Stacy Sli
Classic Contender

Post by Stacy Sli »

My chaser Est La just moved up from 20th to the 9th best Chaser! Woo hoo!
Standing millionare Scientist (FRA) Earnings: $1,073,140
Total Points: 659
AW Points: 317
'Chasing Points: 342
Total Stats: 33: 16-12-3
'Chasing: 14: 8-5-1
Sire: Colorado Dam: Agronomist
Stud Fee: $25,000
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

S.C. Burns wrote: Yeah, but he's a good 20 points ahead of his nearest competition.

Yo've got a nice one there, Patten.

To bad he's a gelding! :P
I know...I'm still hella worried about the AP Smithwick, though...

All of the talent is at Chaser Downs, it seems like...

Which is why I'm sending Hirapour to Chaser Downs...to provide Legend with some encouragement...
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Kelse Mccann wrote: I think i just picked up a decent one his names Wistful, hes by Consolation Prize who has two runners over fences ones unbeaten and ones had two 2nds, he wasnt a bad flat horse, only had 3 runs, and im hoping he can make it over fences, hes a stallion to so if he does well, yay! lol
Yeah but it's completely random as to who will be a good 'chaser. Hope he works out for you anyway, but just thought I'd point that out.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds