Flash Q

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Flash Q

Post by Jennifer Francis »

I am not into the qh world that much but why is flash q still not up for stud? I remember us talking about it but he will be probably pensioned next year and we cant get no foals out of him which really is starting to suck majorly. I know he has sons that are great but I was really hoping to get at least one foal out of him now I guess I can't this is a total bummer

Hall of Fame

Re: Flash Q

Post by Regina Moore »

Per prior discussions on this stud, he's owned by a new player. I occasionally checked in on Flash Q, as his owner went a long time without signing in, and I wondered if his stable was going to be taken over by AJ. But that player started signing back in the past month or so. Per the FAQs, a player's weeks of play only count when they're signed in. So, the owning player is still a new player, and new players can't stand stallions. (Of course, I don't know that, even if the player was no longer a newbie, if they would choose to stand Flash Q at stud.)

Other players have mentioned in the past trying to buy Flash Q, and they said their messages weren't responded to.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

that is a real shame to have such a great stallion not to be able to get anything from him. I know all has been done and no answer was given but it just frustrating so i guess im just venting
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Awww man my own post got moderated by a moderator! Now I know how y'all feel ha
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of really good stallions and just let them sit and rot. Can someone please explain the point of this to me cause I don't get it.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

As much as it sucks, the new owner bought him fair and square. I think several of us have sent PMs that have gone unreturned. It would be a slippery slope for the game to take the horse from her because she is not standing him. What would be next, if some people think a trainer is running a horse wrong, could that horse be taken too? I know that is a jump but it's really along the same lines as wanting to take the stud from the player so we can breed to him.lol Who knows maybe she will decide to sell him to someone or stand him before he goes.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Louise Bayou wrote:As much as it sucks, the new owner bought him fair and square. I think several of us have sent PMs that have gone unreturned. It would be a slippery slope for the game to take the horse from her because she is not standing him. What would be next, if some people think a trainer is running a horse wrong, could that horse be taken too? I know that is a jump but it's really along the same lines as wanting to take the stud from the player so we can breed to him.lol Who knows maybe she will decide to sell him to someone or stand him before he goes.

My thoughts exactly. The situation sucks, even I messaged the owner and I'm not really in to the mixers, but there's not much that can be done if the person doesn't respond to PMs.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

Why would someone want to buy a really good stallion just to let it sit unused for 2 seasons or until it is pensioned? What is the point? The new player isn't very involved in the SIM, hasn't yet won a race since joining in July and obviously goes weeks without logging in. This player does not deserve Flash Q. He needs to be taken away and she can have some * stallion to sit around her fake barn.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Kay O. Johnson wrote:Why would someone want to buy a really good stallion just to let it sit unused for 2 seasons or until it is pensioned? What is the point? The new player isn't very involved in the SIM, hasn't yet won a race since joining in July and obviously goes weeks without logging in. This player does not deserve Flash Q. He needs to taken away and she can have some * stallion to sit around her fake barn.
I bet more than likely when they joined they didn't read through the rules and didn't realize they couldn't stand stallions. It would be hard for any new player to resist Flash Q for 1K regardless.
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

Why can't the administration make the person lease the stallion if the newby doesn't want to sell him.I think it is much more wrong to waste Flash Qs last days as a stallion then it would be to force the person to make some type of arrangement to stand him.
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

This is just as ignorant as the a hole who gelded Sunny Attitude out of spite.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Kay O. Johnson wrote:Why can't the administration make the person lease the stallion if the newby doesn't want to sell him.I think it is much more wrong to waste Flash Qs last days as a stallion then it would be to force the person to make some type of arrangement to stand him.

mmmmmmm do you want the "administration" coming in to YOUR barn and doing whatever they want with your horse because of public outcry?
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

In the mixed breeds we need all the bloodlines we can get so if I was letting a top stallion stagnate then YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

I think we need a new rule. Since you can't stand a stallion until you are a Jr player then you should not be able to buy a breeding stallion until you reach that status. That way this situation would not arise.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Kay O. Johnson wrote:In the mixed breeds we need all the bloodlines we can get so if I was letting a top stallion stagnate then YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I think (and I'm sure others would agree) that if that happened, the forum would blow up with a rant from you.