Scarlet Regent

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Well i just bought this boy, now im on 2k lol, i was wondering should i leave him at a mile for this week or wait another to see if any slightly longer races come up? Plus what would help lagging, he got this running line
"Broke well lagged early moved willingly inside evenly"
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

From the sound of things it could be that he got caught in traffic early on in the race.. I don't think that it's anything to worry about at this point since he is young and inexperienced... You can try adding lasix and that should help the lagging, and keep him from falling behind in the race. I would wait to add the lasix until after his next race, that way you should have a better idea as to weather or not he was just caught up in traffic or if he needs the lasix to help him "breath better".

Hope this helps and maybe someone else can add something more to help you as well, since I'm still pretty new to the SIM. Good luck with him, he looks to have a lot of promise :)
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Thankyou, ive been told to add blinkers, but if the lagging continues ill add the lasix
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Actually, the lagging may not be due to any equipment. It may be simply due to the fact that he appears to be a router, and ran in a sprint race, so he didn't have the early foot of some of the other runners, who are bred for that distance. It may also be that this was his first race and he was simply figuring things out. I'm not sure I'd add either blinkers or lasix at this point, but would wait until that comment shows up a second time. Blinkers, to me, can be very beneficial or very harmful (because there is a very real possibility that the horse goes to the other extreme and becomes rank), so they're a semi-drastic measure. I usually wait to add them until I've tried other stuff. Once you add lasix, you're pretty much stuck with it the rest of the horse's career, so I usually wait to add that as well. I'm not so sure that lasix would help the lagging, either, usually, it's to help with the latter half of the race, because the horse "bleeds" and has trouble breathing, not the first half, although I could be wrong on that.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

okay thanks, that makes alot of sense his part siblings and other horses by Powerscourt seem better over longer distances so should i just keep him with the equipmant he had last time?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Yeah, I'd stick with the same equipment as last time. If he has the same comments as the first time, then you definitely know he needs an equipment change, and can make the adjustments. If his running comment is much better, you know for sure that he improved because of the distance, not because of the equipment. I like trying to minimize the number of new things for two reasons - first, it really helps me figure out what was the "right" thing that caused the change, and two, it eliminates the possibility of my having added one thing that _was_ really good for the horse and _one_ thing that was really bad for the horse (and so, from the running line, they negate each other and it looks like nothing happened). If I did something right, I want to know and not risk having it masked :)

Good luck!
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Thanks again Laura & Katie :)
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Well the step up worked, thanks guys