Y34 HOF People Info

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Y34 HOF People Info

Post by The Steward »

Little late, but better than never?

Rob Canterbury - Wins at a lifetime 30% clip, and has won 700+ stakes from under 2k starts. Won the Baltimore Crown with Live Strong as a newbish, and has won 17 Steward's Cup races, including 4 TB ones. Trained the best turf sprinter of all time in Silent Jig.

Amy Springsteen - Over 1,000 wins, has won 5 Steward's Cup races all over the map. Trained Prophet to win the Classic and Look Danger to win the Sprint. Also trained the great QH filly Bordereaux. Her runner Untamed is up for the Hall this year as well.

John Slotmon - Small stable keeps about 28% wins, but has gone as high as 56% on the year. Campaigned the best turf miler ever in Silver Screen Star, and has won five Thoroughbred Steward's Cup races. He's won the Marathon with Landing on Dust, and sprints with Very Nice and Hand of God. Also trained turf superstar July.

Scott Eiland - Trains this year's Lville Derby winner Ball of Fire. Has over 1,000 wins, has won the SC Marathon twice, and also trained Lucrezia Borgia. $71 million in total earnings since joining in year 18.

Kevin Hern - Burst onto the scene as a newbie with Cup winner Caesar Augustus. Didn't win another one until nearly undefeated superstar Faire Cadeau did it recently. Over 1,100 wins, on the board at 50%. Also trained the mighty Kareem Abdul.

Doug Kidwell - 1,700+ wins, 50% on the board. Has won 4 Steward's Cup races, including with Institutionalized and Six Ways to Sunday. Also trained Dr. Richardson, an AW foundation sire who ran on dirt.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Re: Y34 HOF People Info

Post by John Slotmon »

Would it be an act of hubris to drop in a couple worthwhile nuggets the Steward may have overlooked in assembling our representative bios?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Go right ahead, I don't mind one bit.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Jolly Good and Performing Tricks. Just had to add those two. Thanks!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I also race/raced Plane, Desert, Snake, Deuce Coupe, Cancelled and several others.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Make sure you vote!! Since this thread began we have a new leader!!!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Does Rob really have 700 stakes wins in 2,000 starts?
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

No actually I have almost 2000 wins ( I think I am 20 away)

I have 719 stakes wins out of 6500 starts.

Ranked # 9 in stakes wins of all simsters...

hope that clarifies
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sorry, too-fast typing. Brain said stakes wins out of wins, hands wrote starts!
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I'm up for the Hall of Fame? I'm honored.

I think John summed up my accomplishments. Three TB Stewards Cups, Ball of Fire, Lucy. Rodolphus and Regulus Arcturus are also mine, as well as Millionaire's Son. His dam Brat won a Louisville Oaks...but I think the main reason I could be selected on the first ballot has to do with my off-track stuff (writing for the Feature Race, then my own stuff along with podcasting.)

Thanks for your consideration. I'm out of the country right now, so my online time is short. Good luck everyone!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.