Fought Driver?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Fought Driver?

Post by Amanda Haderthauer »

My two year old recently ran third in a maiden claiming. The running line says "fought driver" . Is this an indication of something, like the wrong equipment?
Seven Summers
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Fought Driver?

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I usually translate that into first trying a blind bridle, and next a head pole. You've got those two pieces, and they look right. Harness running lines can seem a bit odd sometimes, but I'd say you have the equipment spot on, it wasn't a bad run at all, and you should persevere at this level with that equipment. However, I would suggest you geld him and get that cash and the performance boost...
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

yes I guess it is that time. He was just an okay galloper, but I thought I would give him a chance before he got the snip.
Fogell McLovin
Miler

Post by Fogell McLovin »

It "COULD" be eqpt, but 100% sure it does not "ALWAYS" mean it is.
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

Two things to remember about equipment:

1) For all breeds, running lines only sometimes indicate equipment. Even when they do, certain lines appear even when equipment is correct.

2) For standard breds, the abbreviated running line often seems to be a justification for a horse getting beat, rather than anything you need to do as a trainer.
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Thanks!