Week 10 Results Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

:(
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I had an amazing week. 11 : 5 - 3 - 0. Con won the Forever Risk S over the star filly Queen, which thrills me. Happier Past won a NW2, Itsokaytobelieve cruised to an allowance victory, Race the Moon got a NW3, and Ruling the World won a SIMperior NW2. He'll try his luck in the Sprint Championship Elimination Trials next.

Em's Always Nifty got his third second, while Lokitation pleasantly surprised me with a second of her own. My favorite (and only) older filly Spoof barely lost the Go for Wand to Colors Bright. Classy filly right there, so I'm definitely not disappointed with the loss!

I also broke the $4 mill mark for what I think might be the first time ever in my SIM history. GO DISTANT MEMORY HORSES, GO!

In suckier news, I completely forgot to note week 10 workouts so I'm probably missing some new top scores but oh well.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

2 wins Scarlet Regent, oh yeah, only a neck but he'll want further, Darla finally broke her Maiden which was nice, two thirds wash Away was third in his Allowance, hell want a mile next time but i was happy he ran well back from that awful run last time, Late at Night also got me a third she ran well, my two chasers were well in over there heads but ran well too so it was 6: 2/0/2 for me
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

All in all a successful week for me... 10: 1-2-2 with one 4th.

Yami blew away his stakes race, taking the Rapid Bay crowd by 7 3/4 lengths. I think its safe to say he was romping. It was a second to last minute change, I decided that he needed an easy win in a softer crowd before moving to Argentina, where the distance is shorter and Inspired Strike is decidely tough.

The two seconds were in an allowance and maiden, nothing to special there.

The thirds and fourth were my other stakes runners of the week. Laury D S got third in the VA Oaks, shaming the family by not repeating her mother's win (but good effort^^; ). How the Story Ends got third in the My Dear Girl stakes. I can't stay she was over her head but the distance was not right, I think she's meant to go longer and her running line suggests as much to me. Laur's sister, Rosa, rounds out with a fourth. She was in over her head.

Thats it for me. Hmmm.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

This week was my smallest running group since my first year, only ran 17 horses.
I usually run about 30 or so, but some of my 4yo's (I have mostly fillies) are "done" running and the way I scheduled out my 2yo's this year, it was just a rare small week. That said, I still had a nice week 17:4-2-3.

Had a chaser break his maiden, so now I have at least one "legit" chaser - lol.

Congrats Sarah with Con! ;)
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I think we're all tired tonight. :)

A light week for me but still a pretty good one, went 10:4-2-0 including a win by Calais in a stakes in Germany and a good 2nd to Seer for Companion in the Woodbine Mile. My auction purchase Il Magnifico is now two for two, Khadia (Atlas x Kazzia) broke her maiden in Colonial as a last minute entry, and Rouen (Loki Dynasty x Il de France) got another win as he stretched out to a mile and a half this week. My other 2nd came from a Rahy x Sadler's Wells filly I picked up off the sales page a couple weeks ago. I didn't expect a whole lot from the horses who didn't do well, so I'm not too concerned about them. :)

For other owners, the Atlas filly World Traveler, Jet's son Celestial Ace, Conduit's son Tackle, Sport's daughter Surpassing, and Canyon's daughter Colors Bright all won stakes. The New River breds Loki Lite, Phoenician, Darla, and Hypothesis all won, and Goddard was 2nd in the Hopeful Stakes. Yay for all of them!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I only ran 8 horses, but I had two big wins.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27447' target='_blank'>Love Never Fails</a> won an allowance for me in Germany...granted it was only really a two-horse field, but her time was nice!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=29439' target='_blank'>For All Time</a> is now a G3 winner after having won the Norfolk in England! Unfortunately, he had to have a hoof abscess removed after the race, so he'll be out for about three weeks. But still! Exciting to have up and comers in my barn!
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

ehhh...no one got hurt.

and Chocolate War didn't finish last.

and...Bill Jones almost won again.

9: 0-1-1

meh. Next week will be better.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

The fact that I am doing this at 1:15am after a 7 hour drive is a testament to my insanity.

I had a really excellent week, though, so I thought I'd share.

I only ran 7, but had nothing finish worse than 4th, which is pretty incredible. I went 7: 2-3-1-1.

I got the CTBA Stakes with Em's Engaged. I'm glad the filly is turning out nice for her namesake. Also got an allowance victory with Sweptawaybythetide, which is more significant than it sounds. I may not have ruined her after all! Yay!

My 2nds: The Star Studded Stakes with Big Changes. He only lost by a neck to a worthy foe. Also the Valid Expectations with Indubitably. He's such a hard tryer! And got 2nd in a NW2 at Premium Park with Iniquity. The winner is freakishly well bred, so it's understandable.

My lover boy, Testament, got 3rd in the Arlington Breeders Cup Sprint, losing to Sic Transit Gloria and I'llbethereforyou. This race was t-o-u-g-h, so I am very very proud of my boy! He may not have won, but he showed he could run with the big boys, and hopefully he'll continue to improve. (ps-BREEDTOMAYAKOVSKY!)

Best Deceptions takes the 4th place for my week, which was a pleasant surprise. Her debut was less than stellar, so a 4th is definitely good!

So, I'm gonna go to bed now.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

well money wise, it was my best week, performance wise outside my 3 wins it was pretty dismal especially from horses who have been doing good, but I am extremely happy with my 3 wins, I got my first 2 yr old win woooooooooo

record 10: 3-0-0 eta this weeks winnings $35,700

wins:

Orabrab came back to the states and Iincreased his distance and he won wooooo, I am happy with my little barbaro

Sin Never Sleeps, a 2 year old Sinister Minister filly who i claimed returned from a break to win a 6 1/2 furlong race, I know only 4 horses but a win is a win lol

Stormy's Smarts perhaps he heard me grumble about him but my newbie CAH finally broke his maiden by 3 and will now stay in my stable, and stay at the mile distance

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 56 : 11 - 6 - 7 Win-19.6% OTB-42.9%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 7 I 2 Year Old Wins: 1

must say I surpassed my goal for wins this year
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Rayne Wyatt
Derby Contender

Post by Rayne Wyatt »

Only one runner this week, and 'only' a fourth with him, but I am happy with it. Hopefully we've found his distance, and he'll improve with a bit more practice (or equip... we will see).

And my first prize money, always a plus :D (it covered this weeks board, if nothing else)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Well, I was sound asleep when results came up - it's the price I pay for working and being three hours ahead. Horses were firing left and right, as I ended up 90-19-22-12.

It's all about the 2yo fillies this week, as they accounted for 9 of my wins - Have Faith (Action this Day x Kismet) won her second straight stakes in Australia, and Parade of Stars (Star Studded x Quick Fire) remained unbeaten in three starts (second stakes win) in South Africa. Black Sea (Black Minnaloushe x Azeri) was a game second in her stakes in South America, while Serena's Angel(A Crown Awaits x Serena's Tune) and Canonbury Tower (Bago x Islington) broke their maidens in turf events (both second starts).

On dirt, Emerald City (Saga x Tap Your Heels) Extravaganza (Saga x Showpiece) and Miss Manners (Enforcer x Helping Hand) all won at first asking, while Adios (El Corredor x Watching From Afar) and Canterbury Tale (Chapel Royal x Be Nice) both won in their second start.

Sceptre beat a nice field to win the Lone Star Park Handicap for the second year in a row, while Fallen won a 1 mile stakes in Argentina, and Stars That Mystify beat older males in a Florida-bred restricted stakes - I thought the 9 furlongs against the boys would fit better than 1 1/16 miles against the girls, and I was glad to be proven right.

Toss in one steeplechase win, several maiden/allowance scores, and 13 stakes seconds besides Black Sea's performance and it was quite the good week.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I had an amazingly good week. I only sent 3, but ended up with 2 winners. Maidens none the less! These three are ones I've been trying to figure out, changing distances, surfaces and equipment. Boy, I got lucky!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Becca Banner wrote: All in all a successful week for me... 10: 1-2-2 with one 4th.

Yami blew away his stakes race, taking the Rapid Bay crowd by 7 3/4 lengths. I think its safe to say he was romping. It was a second to last minute change, I decided that he needed an easy win in a softer crowd before moving to Argentina, where the distance is shorter and Inspired Strike is decidely tough.
Why is the defending Breeders' Cup Sprint champion going to Argentina instead of Arlington to at least take a shot at defending his crown? Just curious.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Well, I was all depressed when I was looking at my results page... many of the horses I expected to win finished 2nd or 3rd or up the track. I was :( ... until I got to the "S" section where I saw...

SUCCESSINTHECITY!!!!! He stretched out to a mile this week... so I was SO nervous about it! I knew he would either enjoy it or he would completely flop. But, his dam produces staying power plus Successful Appeal has sired a mile long winner before... so after MUCH debate I finally tried it. And, he beat a super nice field!!! Who's excited? Me, me, pick me!!!!

My other winners:

Sparkle City rocks! She won a sprint stakes in Argentina. If she keeps it up she might try the Estrellas Turf Sprint. We'll see... that's probably too much for her.

Tokyo won the Gold Cup in England going 2 1/2 miles. Yay for turf routers!

Praying on Stars (Star Studded x Maiden's Prayer) finally broke her maiden. No Time to Party (Favorite Trick x Closed Escrow) finally broke his maiden, too.

I added lasix to Majestueux (Xaar x Phantom Wind) and he won an allowance.

And Dance in the Rain (Electrocutionist x Dance in the Mood) broke her maiden on the second try.

And that's all... out of, well, way too many starters. :( But, focus on the positive! :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~