Week 10 Results Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

48: 8-13-12

Thus, my win percentage was off slightly from my norm, my OTB percentge was WAY up, and my horses have second/third-itis.

The highlights of this week were a trio of G1 winners: Caveman made a successful return to the races after a Derby disaster, grinding out a 3/4-length victory over Melankomas in the Jim Dandy Stakes, Lightsaber reaffirmed his apparent affinity for turf with a narrow victory in the million-dollar Colonial Turf Cup, and Party served notice that she'll be a force in the BC FM Sprint with a romping 4 3/4-length victory in the G1 Test Stakes over Fuzzy, who previously pounded a few very nice fields.

That aside, I had a number of maiden victories, including a gratifying win by <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23158' target='_blank'>Prohibition</a>, a $1.1 million yearling purchase that until now had earned back a grand total of $120 in six prior starts. With that $12,500, he's now well on his way towards becoming the superstar he was supposed to be. Sort of. Kinda. Maybe not. But it was still nice to see him win.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I went 49-8-7-6 for the week, garnering my most wins ever in one week. However, they were all in smaller races, so I didn't break my earnings record. My wins were with:

-A.P. Dear (A.P. Warrior-Heart's Desire [Sports Jersey]) in a MSW
-Burn the Land (Malibu Moon-Silver Goddess [Silver Valor]) in a N2L
-Cautiontothewind (High Chaparral-Thoughtless [Effortless Focus]) in a N3L even though she's a N2L; she wanted to catch up to the other filly who I constantly get her confused with, Careless Whisper
-Foible (Refuse to Bend-Forbidden Dreams [Gothic Dream]) in a MSW
-Hershey Dreams (Valus Plus-Noise and Kisses [Trust]) in a MSW; she's a half-sister to Gautama who is multiple stakes-placed
-Phoenician (War Chant-Armada [Giant's Causeway]) in a MCL $75,000
-Popol Vuh (Medallist-Quick Star [Rapid Bay]) in a MSW making him Medallist's FIRST WINNER IN THE SIM!
-Trolley (A Bus-Star of Stars [King of Kings]) in a MSW
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

13: 2-1-3

Rise to the Test got her third straight Grade 1 win in the Coronation Stakes and Hiawatha broke his maiden steeplechasing by a head in a hard fought race. Crystal Summons picked up a second place check in a small allowance in New Zealand. Corso (who's been making me want to rip my hair out in frustration) grabbed third in a mile maiden, Licensed Charm got third in a maiden steeplechase (because, apparently, he really likes two miles) and North Shore finished a respectable third in a steeplechase allowance. Kings and Queens managed a decent fourth in another steeplechase.

Disappointed by Beautiful Way's performance and Phantom Flames in the Gold Cup. I was going to experiment with him steeplechasing next year, so I just moved the day up and he'll try it out in a couple of weeks. So, overall, a good week. :)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Marvelous week for me!

The Triumphs:
My darling filly Calico became a stakes-winner this week in the restricted Cupecoy's Joy S. This daughter of Ghostzapper has been off the board once in her career, in a gritty 4th place finish where she was within a length of all top three finishers, Zapped, Party, and Nitty Gritty Kitty.

Sic Transit Gloria posted another victory, this time on the same track the Breeders' Cup will be run in a few weeks. He faced a nice field in the Arlington BC, with the improving I'llbethereforyou, hotshot three-year-old Testament, and regally-bred Inspired Risk. Hoping this one doesn't run out of gas before his monster run in the Breeders' Cup!

And last but not least, the biggest surprise of my week was Wild Eyed, the inbred half-sibling of my darling Starry Eyed. He hasn't raced in a really long time, and I certainly didn't expect a ton from him, and he wins his 7 furlong stakes race by 2 3/4 lengths over a really nice colt. Was it the figure eight bridle? Or was he just antsy? At any rate, going to rethink this one's schedule.

The Near-Triumphs
Homebred Dontwannaseeyoucry has really blossomed since moving up in distance, and finished second in her second stakes try, the G1 Virginia Oaks. Guitar's half-sister Ensemble lost by a 1/2 length in the Great Northern S. to the undefeated Pop Idol. My horse Great Northern came home second in the G2 Nearctic S. - I know he'll get that stakes win someday! Glitterman daughter Keeponthesunnyside finished second in the Stonerside S. (Congratulations Amy!). And finally, auction purchase Three Part Harmony lost to regally-bred Have Faith for the second time in a row in the Magic Night S. I think we'll avoid her now, for a while. :P
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

Historic FINALLY won and it was a grade 1!!!! YAY! I was sooooo happy! That was an up though. I had some downs this week to go with my ups.

Montstroked ran 4th in the St. James Palace Stake but I think that was my fault. He ran week 6, 8 and then 10 and i just think he was tired. He'll get a good break and we'll go from there.

Seperated who was undefeated and to me looked a sure winner in the Eclipse stakes ran 6th. Really puzzling to me as he won a stakes last time out and was 2 for 2 going in. "Clean break tucked in along rail looked for room tired late." Back to the drawing bored with him.

Dark Dreams won a NW3 for me and will look for a stakes for him next.

On Edge broke his maiden steeplechasing and looks to be quite promising. He ran 2nd in a STPC stakes is his debut.

All in all a good week with 162,000+ in earnings!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Sic Transit Gloria posted another victory, this time on the same track the Breeders' Cup will be run in a few weeks. He faced a nice field in the Arlington BC, with the improving I'llbethereforyou, hotshot three-year-old Testament, and regally-bred Inspired Strike. Hoping this one doesn't run out of gas before his monster run in the Breeders' Cup!
Testament is more than honored that his idol, Sic Transit Gloria, thinks he's a hotshot! Yay!
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I ran 11 horses. Two wins and a third in that crowd

Scared Angel a 5 year old maiden won at a mile in Monmouth Park. See a few weeks ago I realized this mare was dirt bred and I was running her on TURF!!! Switched her to dirt and boom she wins.

Defcon One won a steeplechase and got put on the chasing ranks! My first horse ever on any of the rankings! He's number 45! Woohoo! lol Though at one time I owned the #16 and the #18 ranked chasers'

Unsounded Storm got a 3rd in a steeplechase. This mare has finally found something she likes I think.

Next Week I have my better horses running definetly! (Arravision, Baccie, and Black Cat Crossing)
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Eric Nalbone wrote:
Becca Banner wrote: All in all a successful week for me... 10: 1-2-2 with one 4th.

Yami blew away his stakes race, taking the Rapid Bay crowd by 7 3/4 lengths. I think its safe to say he was romping. It was a second to last minute change, I decided that he needed an easy win in a softer crowd before moving to Argentina, where the distance is shorter and Inspired Strike is decidely tough.
Why is the defending Breeders' Cup Sprint champion going to Argentina instead of Arlington to at least take a shot at defending his crown? Just curious.
He's not going to Breeder's Cup this year. We've had our day in the sun and now we're moving on to other things. He's gearing towards the Estrellas Sprint. I've been told, haven't actually looked into it myself, that in all of SIM history, there isn't anyone who's won the BC Sprint then followed the next year by winning the Estrellas. And if this was the plan, why was he not in Argentina all along, he did the early days of Argentina last year and there was some scores to settle in America.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

I had an average week in terms of OTB showings, but ended up making a little over $65,000, which is HUGE for me.

3/4 of that was courtesy of my CAH Norwester and his 4th place in the Doncaster Handicap. I just love him to bits...he's a guaranteed money horse at this point, despite his not-so-great race record.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Becca Banner wrote:
Eric Nalbone wrote:
Becca Banner wrote: All in all a successful week for me... 10: 1-2-2 with one 4th.

Yami blew away his stakes race, taking the Rapid Bay crowd by 7 3/4 lengths. I think its safe to say he was romping. It was a second to last minute change, I decided that he needed an easy win in a softer crowd before moving to Argentina, where the distance is shorter and Inspired Strike is decidely tough.
Why is the defending Breeders' Cup Sprint champion going to Argentina instead of Arlington to at least take a shot at defending his crown? Just curious.
He's not going to Breeder's Cup this year. We've had our day in the sun and now we're moving on to other things. He's gearing towards the Estrellas Sprint. I've been told, haven't actually looked into it myself, that in all of SIM history, there isn't anyone who's won the BC Sprint then followed the next year by winning the Estrellas. And if this was the plan, why was he not in Argentina all along, he did the early days of Argentina last year and there was some scores to settle in America.

That's a shame. He's a good horse, and it's tough shipping to another continent for a big race like that out of nowhere. He's well-prepped for the Breeders' Cup as is. I have some trouble following your logic. At any rate, I wish you two the best of luck.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Personally, I think it's a lot more fun coming up with a two-race series as a goal rather than a repeat of the same race. If I ever have another Kentucky Derby winner and he has even the slightest inclination towards turf, he'll be heading to the Epsom Derby, not the Preakness. I'm sure people will think I'm crazy for that, too, but it's just what makes the game more fun for me, and apparently for Becca, too. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Thats it exactly Ara :) Winning the BC Sprint twice would be nice, but not my ultimate goal. I made a personal decision that my next goal in the game is to win a BC race with a horse I've bred, not one that was bred for me (as Yami was). In the mean time, the first ever Sprint-followed-by-Estrellas-win is fine for me.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

A very small and not so successful weekend for me -

Entered 5, had 1 come in 2nd, 3 come in 4th, and one up the track.

Not so great, but wasn't expecting anything, just glad I made back board!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

I had a decent week. no big wins, though Eyes on the Stars won by 2, after being off the board in her previous 4 or 5 starts :D I also had Seriously, one of my decent 2YOs get 2nd!

I am puzzled by Simtastic. Last time out he won a GI and now he gets 9th in a GII? He's in for a 3 week break to come back in a listed stakes or a GIII.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Highlights:

Astrogation is apparently a stayer...sent him out over a mile and a quarter more or less because it was what there was and he won.

Docile won his second race and first allowance despite running green. I'm back to loving this colt.

Foryouigavemybest found a mile too short, but still came second.

Goldfinger, after major placeitis, finally broke his maiden at Lone Star Park. Cute sprinter.

Loki Electric went 'A mile? thank you!' to break *his* maiden by half a length, wanting more.

The Entertainer continued *his* placeitis to come a useful second over the sticks.

Pretty decent week!
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router