Week 10 Results Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Marquesas was one of my 2 wins this week, along with If the Crown Fits. I was very pleased with my 2yo filly Burgoo Maid and 2yo colt Hey Abbott's 3rd place finishes, along with a 3rd place steeplechase stakes placing by Silver Yakuza. Unfortunately, some of my regular check producers disappointed me this week, one is a 5yo mare that I think has just decided she's done racing (2 bad finishes in a row) - so she's now retired (Empress Olga) and looking for a nice turf routing stud to go to.

My actual hi-lite of the week was getting my first successful claim in ages -Hug Me by Tafaseel (I adored Tafaseel as a yearling).
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Faith Powers wrote: I am puzzled by Simtastic. Last time out he won a GI and now he gets 9th in a GII? He's in for a 3 week break to come back in a listed stakes or a GIII.
His running line "Clean break inside rivals looked for room no rally" suggests to me that he got blocked in late and it threw off his stride and he never really got back into the race, so it wasn't really an ability problem so much as bad racing luck.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Biff Tannen
Miler

Post by Biff Tannen »

ASchmidt wrote: I wanted to point out that one of my homebreds won the Graduation Stakes! Pretty impressively, I might add! Congratulations to Jarrett Wells and Iron City!!!

Also had wins on my homebreds Marquesas and Sin Never Sleeps. So congrats to the owners of those two birds as well!

This is the best SIM year EVER!

AS
Ha! My horse Moog was in that race...I expected him to at least get 2nd after scoping the competition, but it looks like he stumbled in the gates and never recovered....I'm like an overbearing father...I have such high hopes for Moog...disappointing loss though...but he'll be back!! --- Scott
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I had 6 horses run and I had 2 wins, 1 third, a 5th, a 7th, and a 10th. It was a nice week :)
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Good week, though nothing to huge. A couple allowance wins.

Probably the best finish came from Hope Awaits, out of a half sister to Three of a Kind, who won her debute by two lengths. I'm hoping for good things from her.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Snowcrumblessoftly broke her maiden, finally! LOL
Shankota broke her maiden!

I had a lot of in the money horses, most picked up a check. Nothing too exciting.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

Ara Davies wrote:
Faith Powers wrote: I am puzzled by Simtastic. Last time out he won a GI and now he gets 9th in a GII? He's in for a 3 week break to come back in a listed stakes or a GIII.
His running line "Clean break inside rivals looked for room no rally" suggests to me that he got blocked in late and it threw off his stride and he never really got back into the race, so it wasn't really an ability problem so much as bad racing luck.
that makes sense, thanks :D Now I'm not so puzzled about him, though he will get a nice break.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

My 2yos are the bane of my existance LOL.

Other than that lot, I got two wins, which was nice since I wasn't expecting any this week. Common Ground broke her maiden and Home Advantage won a claimer. I had a really bad otb percentage this week, but I am most excited about the second place finish of Window Seat. Go one of my only good 2yos!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

*dances* :lol:
Fusaichi Typhoon won a 35k allowance by an easy 5 lengths.... oh, this girl is good. Real good.

Lovetheoneyourwith....not gonna say much else, except her race was... <_<
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I have GOT to learn to read.

For the second time in 3 starts, I entered a turf filly in a dirt stakes. Dumb..

Yey for Con..

I Strike says YEY for the competition of Yami... :)
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Eh, had a couple of wins, had one of my very favorite fillies (Hug Me) claimed for pretty cheap, and really disappointed in the two stakes races in which I entered. I guess I can take solace in the fact that I'm only $60k away from being a millionaire again.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

I entered a dirt filly in a turf race a couple of weeks ago and didn't even notice, was wondering why she did so badly :-P

I forgot to mention:

Congratulations to the connections of:
Pennywise - Le Dauphin Noir x Flickering Flame, 1 1/2 mile maiden in Barbados
Pentagon - Le Dauphin Noir x Pennant, 1 mile NW2 at Premium Park
Charming Soiree - Le Dauphin Noir x Charming Integrity, 1 1/4 mile NW2 in Rome
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Seer won the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile in fine style. He'll have one more prep for the BC Mile.
Chase Downing
Two Year Old

Post by Chase Downing »

Test Your Strength won the G1 Gold Medallion Stakes in South Africa in 1:10.23 by 7 1/4 lengths. I hope he repeats this effort in the Golden Slipper.