Dolphin

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

I was searching for races for my horse Dolphin and I came across a low stakes race in Santa Rosa (Luther Burbank Handicap) and I was wondering if I would be better off entering her in that race or entering her in a NW2 at Arlington Park that I found. She's in Kentucky right now so would it be too far to ship to California for the stakes race? Also I was wondering if I should add a tongue tie because she held position in her last race. :)

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=32032' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=32032</a>
Seagrass Farm
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I'd go for the NW2 I think its important to get a few convincing wins before tackling stakes competition
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Thanks, I will probably enter her in the NW2. I still want to know if I should add a tongue tie.
Seagrass Farm
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Try the NW2 and try the tongue tie. You know she *basically* fits in allowance conditions, so if she steps up dramatically you'll be able to see if the tongue tie helps. If you run her in a stakes and she runs horribly, you've got no idea if she was just worse than the horses in the race or if the tongue tie didn't work.

Finally, I'm not sure that the horses she's been losing allowance races to are of stakes quality. Generally you can drop a legitimate stakes horse into allowance competition for an easy win; stepping up horses that don't reliably win allowances isn't a good recipie for possibly winning a stakes.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Thanks for the advice. I entered her in the NW2 with a tongue tie.
Seagrass Farm