Race Performances

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jarrett Wells
Sprinter

Post by Jarrett Wells »

I know this is probably on here somewhere....I just can't find it. Could somebody do a little explaining as far as the descriptions of a horse's race performance. In my race this week, my horse's race was described as "broke running rank checked impressively". My horse won (my first SIM victory!) but I'm curious as to what this means; especially to help with future determinations of distance, equipment, etc.. Thanks all!
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Usually when they are rank they need a F8 as equipment(I believe if a horse is rank it is basically fighting the jockey not wanting to rate, etc). Congrats on the first win.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of my horses have running lines like they are doing ok...then keep getting checked. :(

There must be some pretty sloppy jockey's on horses up ahead of my horses when they run...if my horses keep getting checked...or worse..the jocks on my horses are causing the problems...but I firmly believe it's the other jockeys. B)

How come there are never any steward's inquiries? ..and taking other horses down off the board. <_<

Stormy ;)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

There are Stewards inquiries and DQ's and Dead Heats... just not very often :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: There are Stewards inquiries and DQ's and Dead Heats... just not very often :-)
That's interestimg to know.

.....I was writing on an empty stomache and was hoping someone would offer up some cheese with my whine. : D

Stormy ;)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Stormy Peak wrote: How come there are never any steward's inquiries? ..and taking other horses down off the board. <_<
LET ME TELL YOU...my first or second year in the SIM, I had this filly named Speedyjetsdaughter. She was kind of an outside chance in the BC Distaff, but she had won a few stakes races for me, so I stuck her in there.

SHE WON. Against a field that I believe included Soldier Girl and Awesome Dancer. Naturally, she was DQ'ed.

And none of the accounts of this race ever reflect it. I am alone in my knowledge of this piece of history!

At least she produced a BC Juvy Filly/KY Oaks winning filly.

But anyway, there you go. A little piece of my misery for your enjoyment.