Veteran Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Now I have a question about my running lines!

The horse is <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=17520' target='_blank'>Sic Transit Gloria</a>. He's obviously doing well, but I am a little concerned about his tendency to break outwards, angle out, and in his last start, he veered outside. I thought the figure-eight bridle would correct it a little but it doesn't seem to be having any effect on him.

The Sprint is going to be quite a showdown (as it is every year), and I'd like to avoid this veering and angling if possible, which appears to be what happened in the Two Year Old Sprint Championships way back. But what do you think? Maybe he prefers running that way? He has one more start before the 'Cup where I'd be willing to experiment with some new equipment, but I'm just looking for some input.

Thanks in advance!
Murray McNickle
Turf Router

Post by Murray McNickle »

By the looks of his record, maybe he likes dancing between horses on his way to the wire.
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I've had the same problem every once in a while with Yami. I haven't been able to find a cure for it either since he was a baby and I added the f8. I've been very relunctant to change other equiptment because even though he does that, he's still winning. I'm beginning to think I agree with Murray, its just them running between horses in whatever open spot is available to them.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I would try blinkers. I have had horses do that and when I added blinkers it seemed to stop.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

TammyFox wrote: I would try blinkers. I have had horses do that and when I added blinkers it seemed to stop.
He's already wearing them :)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Well, angling out is not a problem. That just means that the jockey took him to the outside, it was done on purpose. Since he already has blinkers and a figure-8 and he's winning, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm a big believer in if it's not broke, don't fix it.