Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Alright, these are the three mares that I kept... I already did some research, but I'll take any suggestions.

Believe in Love (No Tears Here-Affirmed Star, by Affirmed)
I was thinking of sending her to Unheard Of (for the Glorious Song bit) or Tejano Causeway (2x3 to Giant's Causeway) or maybe The Scarlet Nite?

On My Honor (Silver Valor-Bright Halo, by Halo)
I was thinking of Walkover (for Sea Hero- because Tropicaldepression is Island Rescue (Sea Hero) x Bright Halo) or Canute (for Rain Dancer because this mare already has two other foals by Rain Dancer sons that are relatively successful) or Compelling (for the Sunday Silence-Silver Charm cross)

Unseen Light (Blades Hill-Hot Ice, Chilito)
I was thinking Three of Crowns (er, I forget why... I guess for the Storm Cat?) or Loki Dynasty (for Conduit, because Conduit x Sideways Glance (half sister to this mare's dam) = the $2 mil Lookit... plus Loki Dynasty is 3x3 to Storm Cat, and Storm Cat crosses well with this mare)... or Canoe/Canute since they are other Rain Dancer sons

Any thoughts?
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Believe In Love: I'm a big fan of Le Dauphin Noir. He's turf, as is your mare, and would bring in 4x4 inbreeding to Storm Cat through Giant's Causeway and Rain Dancer. In addition, the baby would be 5x4 to Epsom Derby winner The Minstrel through Palace Music and Starlet Game.

On My Honor: Bright Halo is by Holy Bull, not Halo. The perfect stallion for her is Zinfandel (Conduit - Smart Glow, by A.P. Indy). The baby would be 3x4 to A.P. Indy and 3x2 to the full brothers Symbol and Silver Valor. Normally close inbreeding to Lady's Secret sons would be a very bad thing but Conduit was one of the soundest of her descendants so it'll be all right. Also you said you liked Rain Dancer sons with her and Zinfandel is a Rain Dancer grandson.

Unseen Light: I do like Loki Dynasty with this one. In addition to the Storm Cat inbreeding you also have inbreeding to Seeking the Gold. I also like that you noticed the similar breeding this would produce to Lookit. :)

I know I keep suggesting horses I've bred to everyone but honestly those are the only horses I know anymore.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

YAY Thank you, Ara

Good advice, as always B)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~