Attn: Rocky Catalano

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Kelse Mccann wrote: I appreciate all the help i get, or else i would be screwed, not saying im not currently screwed, but i would be more screwed, Laura F and Nikki S are my heroes lol
It's funny to think of me helping out someone, when I'm still a newbie in comparison to many here. ;) And btw, I noticed you got Tragedy. Good luck with him!!!!

Anyway, the only person I've ever called out for overracing, I didn't even name. I think I just mentioned the colt's name, and that's mainly because I bred him and I REALLY liked his dam while she was racing (that's why I bought her in the SIM). With the breeders' bonuses, it's something to care about a bit more when there's a horse who LOOKS talented, but can't win because he/she is being overraced.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

J Slotman wrote: Step one: cut a hole in a box...
Haha...let's not get into Step 2.

But, seriously. These threads are the most irritating thing ever.

Please stop making them, everyone.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Martin Pennington wrote: That's the last time I tell you about Batman's retirement Kelse *humph*  :P
:lol: How could i forget Martin

Brit Rea gave me Tragedy, thanks again Brit xxx
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

J Slotman wrote: Step one: cut a hole in a box...
MAAAAAAAAAAAH HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Ali LaDuke wrote:
J Slotman wrote: Step one:  cut a hole in a box...
MAAAAAAAAAAAH HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
My thoughts exactly!! I almost fell on the floor when i read that!
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

[QUOTE] EmThompson:
I completely agree with this. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of the endless cycle of these threads.

Step 1. Someone gets called out for "improper training". (or whatever you want to call it.)

Step 2. Someone makes a snide comment about so-called newbies and their training methods. (Whether said comment is meant to be snide or not, that's invariably how it is taken.)

Step 3. Responsible newer players take exception to being tarred with the brush of "person who knows no better, and must be shown every tiny thing. Repeatedly."

Step 4. Older players "remind" everyone about how hard they had it.

Step 5. Thread devolves into endless infighting over who has it tougher.

Wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

I agree with Em, I am still new to the SIM myself and have only had 1 insident, which was my fault, but none the less I learned my lesson. I didn't get any warnings from anyone, but when I FINALLY came onto the forums to ask about "bucked shins" I got the answer and help from several people, but there was 1 person I remember that did answer back with a snide remark about the injury. I may not know the ins and outs of horse racing except to say that I'm a spectator looking in and love watching the ponys run :D But, at the same time it hurt pretty bad to have someone come out and basically tell me that it was my fault in a way that was totally rude and inconsiderate of the fact that I was and still consider myself to be a newbie on the SIM. That person took NO consideration of that fact into account when they wrote their comment in the NEW PLAYERS section of the forums. But I have seen what you guys are talking about and understand how fustrating it must be to have to repeat yourselves 5, 6, 7 times or more on the things you guys learned a long time ago. I also understand how fustrating it must be to have to watch people make their own mistakes and learn from them on their own, but at the same time if that person doesn't ask for help before hand and doesn't bother to read the available information that the Steward has set forth as a guideline to follow when playing the SIM. Then the only person they can blame is themselves. Not to say that PMing the person and trying to help out is wrong but to call someone basically in front of the whole SIM because either they aren't answering your PMs back or answering you back through the forums (where you have now called all kinds of attention to their playing style and habits) then thats where I think it goes overboard. Some people just have to learn things the hard way and others either learn their lessons or don't. So, who are we to call others out on their mistakes when we've all made mistakes weather on the SIM or in real life. Some mistakes we learned out lessons by listening to others, and others we either still don't get or learned the hard way.

Either way, part of the reason I didn't come into the forums before my filly got bucked shins was because of snide, rude and inconsiderate comments from players on other games I had played on in the past. I love the help I get from the players on here, and even though I have found the sarcasm, snide, and rude comments to be at a bare minimum compared to other simulation games or Online games. It still doesn't mean that those comments don't/won't effect how I feel. At the same time, however, I'm not going to quit playing in the SIM just because of 1 or 2 people who make those remarks. In that respect, if it were more like just about every time I had a question or problem and got a response like that then I would leave the SIM and not return. Because the joy I get from playing the SIM now would be ruined, and it just wouldn't be the same after that. Most of the fun would be gone and nothing else really left to be desired. :(

All in all though I LOVE THE SIM :wub: and hope that the majority of the players stay as helpful and friendly as they have been to me and others like me :D
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.