Post Position

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Biff Tannen
Miler

Post by Biff Tannen »

Wondering if I could gather some thoughts about this.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

NEVER.. Ever. Have I even considered post positions to matter one little bit.

I've played along time, if that matters any.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

The only time I can think of post positions having mattered is when it came to who broke next to Lucifer or Stop and Stare or other cannibalistic horses, and even then I don't know if it made a difference.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

yeah not sure it matters too much, although some of my horses seem to do better along the rail then on outside, and others on the outside
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Is there even a post position? I mean, entries are taken alphabetically, so if that correlates to post position, one would start favoring certain letters of the alphabet over others (A to get the rail, Z to get the outside) to take advantage of the better start position.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Ara Davies wrote: The only time I can think of post positions having mattered is when it came to who broke next to Lucifer or Stop and Stare or other cannibalistic horses, and even then I don't know if it made a difference.
Post positions do not affect Chomp's wrath - it's whoevers in the way at the top of the stretch! ;)

Although I do think post positions are an interesting idea, maybe for the Derby and Breeders' Cup. We could have a drawing for positions! Might be a neat twist, and yet another outlet on which we can blame our stars' subpar performances.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Post positions mattered until Year 7, then they stopped mattering.

One day, they will matter again.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Biff Tannen
Miler

Post by Biff Tannen »

these are great responses...reason I ask is my 2yr colt Moog recently stumbled out of the gates as did 2 other horses in a G3 @ Futurity. The horse that came in 2nd (Command) "broke outwards..." so I'm guessing that Moog was either directly to the right of him or 2-3 stalls away and because of post positioning, I could have had a better draw and maybe a different result. Maybe I'm over analyzing!! lol ....