Y35 New Gender Selection Format

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Y35 New Gender Selection Format

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

If we made them all random I would have to burn down the building
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Westurf Nursery wrote:
Tyler Simmons wrote:
Westurf Nursery wrote:They should all be random. You can't choose gender in RL so why is it even an option?
Because it is a game :D There are a lot of things in the SIM that don't quite match up in real life. Are all tracks a mile in real life? Can a jockey ride 80 horses on 3 different continents in a night in real life? Can you buy a horse for a dollar in real life? Et Cetera, et cetera
Right, but any change towards more realistic "game" play is moving in the right direction in my book.
I have to disagree. If we had to wait two real years to race a horse (and had to breed them all in the first few weeks/months of the SIM year), I'd quit as would quite a few others. (P.S. There is a company out there that is allowing breeders to choose the gender of the embryo now)
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote:If we made them all random I would have to burn down the building
I'll bring the gasoline Rebecca. But I do love choosing colt being free, I can now choose colt for all the horses I don't care about. So at least when they suck and need to be gelded I can get $1,000 from them.