Find Your Way

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Find Your Way

Post by Melissa Mae »

When I bred this filly, I did it just because of the pretty Kismet cross (2 x 3) and figured if nothing else, she'd be a cool broodmare prospect. Seven wins later, she's definitely more than that. Last year I didn't really realize what I had and when she lost on week 16, I didn't think much about it. But she came back this year and blew them out of the water in the Australian female division both against 3yos and older females. I was a little ambitious with her last race, putting her in the Melbourne Trophy against older males at a distance that I don't think she liked too much but I'm still proud of her effort.

Next year we head to Europe to have a little fun there with a potential Steward's Cup appearance possibly in the cards at the end of the year but we'll see. I'm hoping she keeps up her form as a 4yo because she is hands down the most fun horse to race in my barn.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Re: Find Your Way

Post by Melissa Mae »

After winning the South Pacific Champion Three Year Old Female a few weeks ago, Find Your Way is preparing to make her 4-year-old debut in the Danish Oaks. I'm hoping she's kept her form from last year and even though she's going a little shorter than she likes, next Friday is definitely going to be fun.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Find Your Way won last night after getting a headshot last week

With earnings of $769,500, my goal is to get her to $1 million by the end of the year.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Melissa Mae wrote:Find Your Way won last night after getting a headshot last week

With earnings of $769,500, my goal is to get her to $1 million by the end of the year.
Yea! The headshot curse didn't work! Congrats and she is super cute.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

She tried to bite me after telling me I was her favorite owner. Typical mare.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Find Your Way made it clear yesterday that she wants no part of 1 1/2 miles when finishing second to last in her race. She's off to the U.S. now to prep for the Steward's Cup. I'm toying with retiring her this year but will have to see how the next few races pan out before deciding.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

My big goal this year for the big (little) mare was to get her over $1 million. Even though she refuses to win this year, she finally hit my earnings mark for her. I am racing her one more time this year on week 16 just for the fun of it then will have the hard decision of who to breed her to. I have a small list of stallions I want to send her to so I need to cut those down (unless anyone has suggestions).
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

It's hard to believe that it's been nearly three SIM years since I updated this post.

Find Your Way's first foal, a filly by July named Ireland made her debut on week 10 and finally after three starts, she broke her maiden. Because almost all of my promising 2-year-olds go to Europe for the 3-year-old classics, Ireland is headed that way now.

Possibly the most exciting (and definitely the most well-bred) horse I've ever bred is Find Your Way's yearling by Mr. O'Brien, named Stable Lad. The colt has put in some impressive works and will probably debut at a mile next year. I have huge hopes for him and hope he lives up to them! But it definitely won't be an easy task for him.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Find Your Way's family keeps ticking along as my favorite. Her 6-year-old gelded half-brother Battle Map hasn't won a race since week 10 of last year but is always good for bringing in a check and finished third in the Big Yen Stakes last night. My goal with him is to race him in every circuit in the world before he retires (2yo year was the U.S., 3yo-4yo years were South Pacific, 5yo year was Africa, 6yo year is Aisa) and so far it seems like we're doing a credible job in each area with at least a win or stakes placing on every circuit.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Love your mare, and am super excited about her Gibraltar twins! :)