SIMMY Poll

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Should We Have SIMMY Voting for Y34?

Yes, I want to use my right to vote!
33%
No, let the Steward just pick who wins and enjoy the backlash aimed solely at her
67%

Total votes: 126

The Steward
Hall of Fame

SIMMY Poll

Post by The Steward »

I think we did this a few years ago, but my interest level is so nil right now in creating the voting page, so I thought I'd just ask again.

ETA - I don't really want any backlash, just fyi. I'd prefer less. But there are always is some, so, yeah.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Frances Krell
Turf Router

Re: SIMMY Poll

Post by Frances Krell »

Not really into the "enjoy the backlash" bit, but I wouldn't mind The Steward choosing.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I like to vote but I would ok with the Steward making the decision.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Honestly, if it were up to me it would be solely on points. Highest point total in given category wins, period. If it goes to the Steward, I hope it's something very simple and objective like that, because the last thing I would vote for is more stress/responsibility for the Steward.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
D's Racing Stable
Miler

Post by D's Racing Stable »

Ill be honest when i vote i don't look at all the horses i normally just vote the first horse unless i know who the horses are then ill vote for them. I had my AW 2yo who i thought was out right Champion 2yo Filly and she didn't win. I think this is because people don't follow AW horses and didn't look when voting and because she was not first on the list she did not win. Thats just what i think i know not everyone does this but i know i do lol.

I think the Steward would make it more fair. Maybe there should be the Steward and a pannel of judges like 10 people that change every year and the steward chooses who they are. This will make it more fair i find. The people chosen would have to do there job and maybe the steward can give them GP or like 100k or something for the serves!
D's Racing Stables
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I'd be ok with you choosing Em cause you are the Queen of the Sim which means your word is law. All Hail the Queen!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I vote that Larry Burndorf should choose all the Simmy winners by decree.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

D's Racing Stable wrote:Ill be honest when i vote i don't look at all the horses i normally just vote the first horse unless i know who the horses are
I would rather see categories be not voted on, rather than selecting the first horse, just because they are first.
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Danny Derby wrote:I vote that Larry Burndorf should choose all the Simmy winners by decree.
I'm down, but there will only be like 15 Simmys given out and 6 will be pacer.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

I'm all for Em (or a collection of chosen peers) picking the SIMMYs. When I vote, I take my time and weigh the merits of all in the category, but I'll be honest in that I don't vote for all categories and stick more to the areas I enjoy.

I would say if The Steward (or said collection of volunteers) were to choose the winners, we would always have worthy champions. Some may argue that another is 'more' worthy; but I doubt there would be many complaints that the winner had absolutely no business winning (I say not many because there will always be some)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I say let Em vote for each category. I'm okay with that =)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Paul Heinrich wrote:Honestly, if it were up to me it would be solely on points. Highest point total in given category wins, period. If it goes to the Steward, I hope it's something very simple and objective like that, because the last thing I would vote for is more stress/responsibility for the Steward.

Having helped with tallying points before I agree with Paul and I actually think that is why the Steward (or a panel) should be the final call. Popularity or non-popularity doesn't always properly credit accomplishment.
Brandon McNulty
Classic Contender

Post by Brandon McNulty »

I did not see a "Give them all to Brandon" option. Plz fix, thx.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I would like to vote, but i wouldn't mind if the steward chose, then it would be more fair
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Kelley Wachter wrote:
Paul Heinrich wrote:Honestly, if it were up to me it would be solely on points. Highest point total in given category wins, period. If it goes to the Steward, I hope it's something very simple and objective like that, because the last thing I would vote for is more stress/responsibility for the Steward.

Having helped with tallying points before I agree with Paul and I actually think that is why the Steward (or a panel) should be the final call. Popularity or non-popularity doesn't always properly credit accomplishment.
Unfortunately just points doesn't always work in some categories. All two year old's in every region are lumped together, sprinters can have 3 or 4 more races than routers. Also we have the old, "my horse beat your horse twice but left the region to run in the SC" argument. Horse "A" runs twice in the Islands beats horse "B" both times ("B" finishes 2nd both times), "A" leaves the region. Horse "B" stays runs two more races and wins and has more in region points.

I'm a "fly by the seat of your pants" kinda guy and sometimes data needs a bit of human interaction to get the "right" results. Either way, Em or us, just numbers doesn't do it justice.
*Sugar Bottom Stable